Alborz Province is in Western Iran. Alborz Province (Persian: استان البرز, Ostan-e Alborz) is one of the 31 provinces of Iran, centered in Karaj. It was formed by division of Tehran Province into two provinces, after the Parliamentary approval on June 23, 2010, and was introduced as 31st province of Iran.
Situated northwest of Tehran, the Province of Alborz has 6 counties, Karaj, Fardis, Savojbolagh, Eshtehard, Taleghan, and Nazarabad. Karaj is the seat of the province. It is 35 km west of Tehran, at the foothills of the Alborz mountains, and is Iran's smallest province.
- Jadde Chalus - A famous road that pierce through Alborz mountains and lead to the coast of Caspian sea. The road is known to be one of the most beautiful roads in Iran
- Baraghan - A historical village just north of Karaj. It has a several historical places and stunning landscapes. The population of the village speak Karaji language.
Native people of Alborz province speak Karaji language, an Iranian language which is similar to other languages in Alborz mountains. Beside that and of course Persian which is spoken by everyone, since during the previous decades millions of people immigrated to Karaj from different parts of Iran, you can find people who speak other languages too (eg. Azeri, Kurdish, Gilaki).
- Metro - Tehran Metro is connected with Karaj through Line 5 (dark green). There are 3 metro stations in the province: Karaj, Mohammadshahr and Golshahr. The new line which will continue to Hashtgerd is under construction.
- Train - All trains that connect Tehran with the western parts of Iran and those that go to Turkey, pass through Karaj and most of them stop at Karaj railway station.
- Bus - Karaj is on Free Way 2, which connects Tehran and Tabriz.
- Shared Taxi - Several shared taxi (savari) stations offer possibility to come from Tehran to different parts of Alborz province. The stations are located in Vanak, Tajrish, Enghelab, and Azadi. Their price vary from 40,000 to 50,000 rials, depending on their routes.
Skiing and snowboardingEdit
Alborz province provides some of the best skiing resorts in Iran. Dizin and Khor resorts are located north to Karaj. Dizin has one of the longest routes in the middle east. Its lift reaches 3600 meters, making it one of the 40 highest resorts in the world.
Alborz province take its name from Alborz mountain range which is north to the city. Hiking is very popular between the people especially on Friday early mornings. Try Azimieh mountain north of Karaj. You can continue for a half day walk to visit Amirkabir lake on the other side of it.
- Qazvin is the next major city if you travel westwards. You can get a bus, shared taxi or other means of transportation to Qazvin if you stay beside the freeway or in Golshahr station.