Alcoutim (ahl-koo-TEEM , /aɫ.ko.ˈtĩ/) municipality has 2,521 residents (2012 preliminary). It is one of the three landlocked municipalities in the Algarve.
The nearest motorway is the A22 (Via do Infante de Sagres). From exit 18, follow IC27 or N122 to N122-1 into town.
- 1 Castelo de Alcoutim (Castle of Alcoutim). Medieval 13th-century castle overlooking the Guadiana River.
- 2 Museu Municipal Alcoutim, Rua do Município 12, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Several museum sites throughout the municipality. €2.70, youth card holders & seniors (65+) €1.60, kids under 14 free.
- 3 Villa Romana do Montinho das Laranjeiras. Ruins of a Roman villa.
- 1 Beira Rio, Avenida de Duarte Pacheco 8, ☏ . Tu–Su 07:00–00:00, closed M. Riverside café with tapas and pastry. €4-25.
- 2 Restaurante O Rio, Avenida Prof. José Maria Mendes Amaral 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 09:00–23:00, closed Su. Portuguese cuisine near the river. Budget.
- 3 A Taberna do Ramos, N122. Tu–Su 10:00–01:00, closed M. Tavern in the middle of the countryside. Mid-range.
- 1 Casa do Vale das Hortas, Estrada Nacional 122, Vale das Hortas, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. Six-room countryside lodging set in the mountains with outdoor salt swimming pool, sun terrace, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €40-54.
- 2 Hotel d'Alcoutim, Avenida de Espanha 43, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Four-star, 32-room riverside hotel with outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, bar, in-room balconies, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €36-79.
- 3 Paisagem do Guadiana Turismo Rural, Barranco das Pereiras, Monte do Álamo, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Ten-room rural riverside inn with outdoor swimming pool with sun umbrellas and beach chairs, restaurant, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €56-92.