town in Cumbria, England
Ambleside is an easy bus trip from Windermere and you can also catch a boat from various destinations on Lake Windermere.
- The Armitt Library and Museum. Provides a fascinating source of local history.
- Stock Ghyll Force. Spectacular 70 foot waterfall
- Bridge House. 17th-century structure over Stock Ghyll, now used as an information centre for the national Trust.
- Homes of Football, 100 Lake Road, ☏ . Weekdays 10am – 2pm (guaranteed, will sometimes stay open later). Weekends 10.30am – 4.30pm. Exhibition of photographs by Stuart Clarke, taken at football matches or football-related events all around the world. A fascinating insight into football culture. Strongly recommended.
- 1 Wray Castle, Low Wray, LA22 0JA (4 miles south of Ambleside), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Hill Top, Near Sawrey, Hawkshead, LA22 0LF (7 miles south of Ambleside), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. timed slots are available to book
Feed the swans near the jetty.
- Stock Ghyll Force.
- 1 Nab Cottage - Experiential English courses, Rydal, LA229SD Ambleside, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Nab Cottage is an English language school in the Lake District where students and teachers live and study together in a 15th century farm house. Courses may be combined with yoga, walking or personal development.
- 1 Waterhead, Lake Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3:00pm, check-out: 11:00am. 4 stat town house boutique hotel. £56.50-£113 pppn.
- The Drunken Duck Inn, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Barngates, Tariff £90 upwards.
- Ambleside Lodge, Rothay Road, LA22 0EJ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Bed and Breakfast. Tariff £30 upwards. Self-catering.
- Rydal Mount – home of William Wordsworth