island in the U.S. state of Florida
Get in Edit
FL-A1A's northern terminus is in Amelia Island, and therefore this road can be used to access Amelia Island from the south. There is also a connection by road on the western side. There is no route directly north to or from Georgia.
Get around Edit
- 1 Fort Clinch State Park (Fort Clinch), 2601 Atlantic Avenue (Fernandina Beach), ☏ . 8AM-8PM. Beach access, camping, and historical Civil War fort. $6 with 2-8 people per vehicle, $4 single occupant vehicle, $2 pedestrians and byciclists.
- 2 Amelia Island Museum of History, 233 S Third St (corner of S Third and Cedar Streets), ☏ , email@example.com. 10AM–4PM (closed Su). Docents will tour the museum at 11AM and 2PM each day the museum is open. $10 adults, $8 seniors, $8 active military, $5 children.
- 1 Amelia Island State Park (7 miles (11 km) north of Little Talbot Island State Park on SR A1A, and 8 miles (13 km) south of Fernandina Beach). The park consists of 200 acres (0.81 sq km) of beaches, salt marshes and coastal maritime forests. Activities include fishing, hiking, sunning, watching wildlife, and horseback riding. 45-minute horseback tours along the shoreline are given four times daily. The park is open from 8AM till sundown year round.
- 1 The Surf (The Surf Restaurant & Bar), 3199 South Fletcher Ave (Fernandina Beach, Florida , 32034), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Noon-10PM. A restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Features a full bar and live entertainment. Serves lunch and dinner, with choices of excellent steak and seafood.
- 2 Brett's Waterway Café (Brett's), 1 South Front St (Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034), ☏ . Seaside dining with indoor and outdoor seating. Choices of steaks, shrimp, fish, soups, and salads. Features a full bar.
- 3 Joe's Second Street Bistro, 14 S Second St, ☏ . 11AM–3PM, 5:30–9:30PM (closed Tu).
- 1 Hoyt House Inn, 804 Atlantic Avenue, toll-free: , email@example.com. A magnificently restored 1905 Queen Anne Historic Mansion with 10 rooms, heated pool and spa, near fine dining, the beaches, and everything historic.
- 2 The Amelia Island Williams House, 103 S. 9th St (take the Amelis Island exit off I-95), toll-free: . Check-in: 3-6PM, check-out: 11AM. A historic home built in 1856. $195-275.
- 3 Amelia Hotel at the Beach, 1997 S. Fletcher Ave (I-95 to exit 373; go east about 12 miles then right on Sadler; dead end at hotel on left), toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Some rooms have balconies and ocean views. All guest room stays include free hot continental breakfast, free WiFi, free local phone calls and free parking. Hotel amenities include outdoor pool, beach access, interior corridors, fitness room, in-room microwave & mini-fridge, in-room coffee, and in-room hairdryer.
- 4 Residence Inn Amelia Island Florida Hotel, 2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, ☏ . Suite lodging within walking distance to the beach and ocean front restaurants.
- The Fairbanks House, 227 South 7th Street, Fernandina Beach, ☏ , email@example.com. Historic house sitting on an 8,000-square-foot property and close to many of the area’s attractions. Complimentary gourmet breakfast each morning.
Go next Edit
|Routes through Amelia Island|
|Callahan ← Jct N S ←||W S||→ Jacksonville → Daytona Beach|