human settlement in Calaveras County, California, United States of America
- Calaveras Visitors' Bureau, 1192 S Main St. Good place to stop for brochures, maps, and information on the local area. Also sells postcards and books on the local area.
- Natural Bridge Day Use Area (off Parrotts Ferry Road, between Columbia and Highway 4). Consists of a series of two caverns formed by travertine bridging over Coyote Creek. They are on land administered by the Bureau of Reclamation. The first cave is only a 3/4 mile hike down the hill, and 400 feet of elevation loss. It is 230 feet long from entrance to entrance. The second cave is another half mile further downstream.. It is 180 feet long between its two entrances. Water depth in the Upper Cave ranges from about ankle deep at the entrance to about 8 feet halfway through. The lower cave can be traversed with just getting your feet wet. Perfectly safe to swim through with only a few fish and crawdads, but one should bring a flashlight to improve visibility in nooks and crannies. Extremely popular site, best to go on a weekday, and early. Nice wildflowers along the trail in the Spring months, and lots of additional runoff from the springs that feed the bridge at the entrance and inside the bridge add to its beauty.
- Mark Twain's Cabin, Jackass Hill Rd (Highway 49 south out of Angels Camp for about seven miles, turn left onto Jackass Hill Road). A partial replica of the cabin that famed author Mark Twain used to live in, with original chimney and fireplace.
- Utica Park. Public park in Angels Camp visible from Main Street, host to many events including the summer Farmers' Market. Sits atop the former Utica mineshaft, and a set of large rusting gears, flywheels, winches, and cables are on a hilltop overlooking the park.
- County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee, 101 Frogtown Rd (Follow signs on Highway 49), ☏ . Calaveras County's most popular annual festivity. Held at "Frog Town", the county fairground, this event draws thousands of visitors every May. The inspiration for the fair is taken from Mark Twain's short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" in which two men gamble over whose frog can jump farthest. Sticking to the spirit of the story, visitors are able to compete in their own contest. The fair also features carnival rides, musical performances, food, a destruction derby, livestock auction, as well as a variety of exhibits.
- Outdoor Adventure River Specialists (O.A.R.S.), ☏ . O.A.R.S. offers rafting trips on California's South Fork American River near Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, as well as on eight other California rivers.
- Angels Consignment Closet, 1262 S. Main St (Downtown), ☏ . 11-5. Consignment Clothing and Furniture. 10-40.
- Angels Food Market & Deli, 396 N. Main St, ☏ . Full-service, top-quality meats, fresh seafood, deli, baked breads. #1 grade produce with variety of organics. Complete wine and liquor department. We specialize in customers needs and requests. Family owned and operated since 1935.
- CAMPS Restaurant & Steakhouse, 711 McCauley Ranch Rd, ☏ . The best steak and fresh seafood in the Gold Country. Relax in a rustic atmosphere with views of the golf course. Greenhorn Creek brunch, lunch and dinner selections are a favorite among locals and visitors.
- Crusco's, 1240 S. Main St., ☏ . Located in a beautiful 150 year old stone building, Crusco's is an Italian influenced fine dining establishment featuring regional specialties, fine wines, homemade focaccia bread, and desserts. One of the best restaurants in the Mother Lode.
- Far East Chinese Restaurant, Frog Jump Plaza, Highways 4 & 49, ☏ . Enjoy freshly prepared Chinese Food. Has a menu loaded with your favorite Chinese dishes. Come on in and see for yourself.
- Mike's Pizza of Angels, 294 S. Main St., ☏ . Old fashioned Pizza Parlor with a family atmosphere serving pizza, pasta, ribs, sandwiches, burgers, appetizers, salad bar, and sodas, beer and wine. Open daily from 11; dine-in, take-out or delivery.
- Rodz Grille, 730 S. Main St., ☏ . 6AM-10PM. Family dining at its best. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Featuring an all-you-can-eat salad bar, children's and senior menus. Food to go is also available.
- Angels Camp Resort, 123 Selkirk Ranch Rd, toll-free: . Spacious condominiums feature a full kitchen, gas fireplace, and furnished patios. All condos are incorporated in a resort atmosphere that includes an outdoor pool and spa, tennis courts, exercise facilities, and game room.
- Angels Camp RV & Camping Resort, 3069 Highway 49, ☏ , toll-free: . Fun, family RV park/campground. 42 sites, no restrictions on size/slideouts; tent sites with/without water/electricity and comfortable camping in lodges, rustic log cabins or 2-bdrm apartment.
- [dead link] Angels Inn Motel, 600 N. Main St, ☏ , toll-free: . On-line reservations available; unique specials and packages. Smoking/nonsmoking and pet rooms; suites equipped with microwaves, mini-refrigerators and in-room coffee. Provides espresso, seasonal pool, computer center, and laundry facilities. AAA Approved.
- Best Western Cedar Inn & Suites, 444 S. Main St, ☏ , toll-free: . Pool, hot tub, exercise room. Microwaves, refrigerators, and 4 HBO channels, free high speed Internet and Internet kiosk. Fireplaces, whirlpools available. Continental breakfast.
- 1 Cooper House B&B, 1184 Church St, ☏ . One of Angels Camps most elegant homes, built in 1911. The only Bed and Breakfast in Angels Camp and host to special events. Rates include breakfast and afternoon refreshments. $250.
- Frogtown RV Park, 2465 Gun Club Rd, ☏ , fax: . Located at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds. Featuring full hookups, water, power and sewer. The fairgrounds has facilities for any event large or small, outdoor or indoor.
- Gold Country Inn Motel, 720 S. Main St., ☏ , toll-free: . AAA approved. Oversized rooms include wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee-makers, hair dryers, cable TV, covered BBQ area, and deluxe rooms with plasma TVs.
- Greenhorn Creek Vacation Cottages, ☏ . Beautiful 2 or 3 bedroom cottages, in prestigious Greenhorn Creek. Homes available on the golf course or steps from the pool and tennis courts.
- GreenStone Ranch & Inn, 1655 Tryon Rd., ☏ , . Charming historic home offered as vacation rental. Accommodates groups of 6-10 and horses. Ride the ranch. Beautiful gardens and lots of room, ideal facility for weddings, family reunions, romantic getaway.
- 2 Jumping Frog Motel, 330 Murphys Grade Rd., ☏ , toll-free: . Home style comfort Motel. Quiet park-like setting in historic Angles Camp. Cable TV, HBO, AC, BBQ & Kitchen outside. In Room coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron, microwaves, refigerators. AAA Two Diamond Rating. Commercial/Corporate/Senior Discounts. $75.
- Sierra Vacation Rentals, toll-free: . Sierra Vacation Rentals offers vacation rental homes and cabins in Angels Camp and throughout California's Gold Country.
- 3 [dead link] Travelodge Angels Camp CA (Travelodge Angels Camp), 600 North Main St, Hwy 49 (Hotel located on Highway 49.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3:00 PM, check-out: 11:00 AM. Travelodge Angels Camp CA on Main St Highway 49 is Newly Renovated Affordable Hotel nearby Camp, Gold mine town, golf courses, wine tasting Vineyards, lakes, art galleries & caverns places.
|Routes through Angels Camp|
|Stockton ← Copperopolis ←||W E||→ Murphys → Markleeville|
|Auburn ← Jackson ←||N S||→ Columbia → Oakhurst|