province of Madagascar
Antsiranana Province (or Diego-Suarez) is a former province in the north of the island state of Madagascar. In 2007, the province was divided into two regions: Diana in the west (capital Antsiranana) and Sava in the east (capital Sambava).
- 1 Antsiranana — a port city that is the largest city in northern Madagascar
- 2 Hell-Ville — now known as Andoany, it is one of the oldest colonial cities in Madagascar
- 1 Marojejy National Park — home to 115 bird species, 148 reptile and amphibian species, and 11 lemur species
- 2 Masoala National Park — highlights include the gold dust day gecko, the red ruffed lemur, the Masoala fork-marked lemur and the hawksbill sea turtle
- 3 Nosy Komba — a small volcanic island; the beaches are clean and excellent for snorkelling
- 4 Nosy Be — a resort island with Nnational parks, lakes and waterfalls, sacred trees and some amazing shopping
- Diego Suarez Regional Tourist Office, Rue Colbert (at the corner of rue Flacourt), ☏ +261 32 7468332 , +261 32 0320110, email@example.com.
In the southwest of the province lies the Tsaratanana mountain range. 5 Maromokotro, with a height of 2,876 m, is the highest mountain in Madagascar.