There are multiple daily trains from Tehran, with a travel time of around five hours, as well as regional trains from nearby cities. In addition, an overnight trains connects with the eastern city of Mashhad. 1 Arak railway station is located in the southern outskirts of the city.
- Hammame Charfasl (Four-Season Bath)
- Baghe Nezam Lashgar (Esmaeili)
- Saraye Mehr (In the Bazaar)
- Sultan Abad Museum
- Koohe mostofi
- Park Amirkabir
- Park Jangali
- 'Bagh-e-Vahsh the zoo was first opened to investigate the pollution from the industries mainly from the Aluminium plant on animals
- 'Pol-e-doab an old mud based bridge built over sharra river
- Darreh-e-Gerdou famous for its walnut trees and ranges, it is very popular place for morning exercises and weekend getaways.
- Museum of Artifacts
- Mojtama-e Tafrihi-i.e. Amirkabir
Known for their hand-knotted carpets which are generally referred to as Sarouk rugs, known for their exceptional quality and ability to withstand decades of wear