Ascot is split into three sections: Ascot, North Ascot, and South Ascot. The Racecourse is on Ascot High Street and is 2 minutes uphill from the train station. It is governed by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. It is part of the civil parish of Sunninghill and Ascot, which a population of 12,800 in 2011.
Get in edit
By train edit
1 Ascot station is on the line from London Waterloo ( ) to Reading ( ), which operates two trains per hour via Clapham Junction ( ), Richmond ( ), Ascot, Bracknell and Wokingham. Ascot is also the terminus of a branch line to Aldershot, which runs two trains per hour via Camberley. Both lines are operated by South Western Railway.
By bus edit
This link shows the 7 bus routes that run through Ascot on a regular basis. 
Get around edit
The Ascot area can be navigated by walking but some buses have stops throughout the area. Also it is easy to rent a car through Half Pennys Garage on Kings Road.
- 1 Ascot Racecourse, High St, Ascot SL5 7JX, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. This hosts some two dozen race meetings a year. The majority are flat races in summer, the big event being Royal Ascot in mid-June, which is usually attended by the monarch. This is royalty's local track, just down the road from Windsor Castle, so they like to be here. There are also jumps races at least monthly through the winter. The fancy grandstand, opened in 2006, goes big on restaurants, bars and hospitality suites, but doesn't do any favours to those who actually want to watch the races. The track is on the triangle of land north of Ascot High St and London Rd. If you plan to attend Royal Ascot, this is one of the few remaining events around the world that require attendees to be in traditional morning dress.
- Golf: There are many golf clubs in and around Ascot.
If you want to buy clothes in Ascot then there are some shops but they are not cheap. Also if you just a bit peckish then there is a newsagent along the High Street, also there is a small superstore further down which is next to the petrol station.
There are some good places to eat around Ascot. If you want a good curry then the best place to go would be Mango which is in North ascot on Fernbank road. If you're coming up from London road, it is on your left. It can get very full even during midweek so it would be good to book in advance to get a table. If you don't want to eat at there then you can always takeaway the food.
There are many pubs in and around Ascot.
Pubs in nearby Sunningdale 3 miles south-east of Ascot:
You will be hard done by trying to find cheap accommodation in Ascot.
Go next edit
- North to Maidenhead and nearby
- Bray – charming village with two Michelin-star restaurants.
- North-east to Windsor, 7 miles through Windsor Great Park on the A322.
- West to Bracknell, 4 miles along the A329, and then to
|Routes through Ascot|
|Southampton ← Farnborough ←||W E||→ Chertsey → London|
|Basingstoke ← Camberley ←||SW E||→ Windsor Great Park → London|