Aufseß is a small town of 1,300 people (2019) in Upper Franconia. It is most well known as the village with the most beer breweries per capita.
The community of Aufseß has been listed in September 2000 in the Guinness Book of Records as world record-holder for the greatest brewery density in the world.
- Taxi company Ott, phone +49 9198 998877 or +49 171 7710944
- Breweries Path around Aufseß, Circular route 13 km (8 miles), walking time 4 hours (depends on beer). If you are over 16 years, you can get the Franconian Honorary Beer Drinker Certificate, children can get the Companion Document. Aufseß – Sachsendorf (5 km, 3 miles) - Sachsendorf – Hochstahl (5 km, 3 miles) - Hochstahl – Heckenhof (2 km, 1.3 miles) - Heckenhof – Aufseß (2 km, 1.3 miles)
- Church jamboree in Hochstahl in July
- Church jamboree in Heckenhof on 4th Sunday in August
- Church jamboree in Sachsendorf and Zochenreuth beginning of September
- Church jamboree in Aufseß and Neuhaus end of September
- Church jamboree in Hochstahl in November
Every brewery has its own beer stones and more things to buy.
There is a walk Brauereienweg around the 4 World Record Breweries of Aufseß:
- 1 Brauereigasthof Rothenbach, Im Tal 70, ☏ . most of time, see homepage, April through October no closing day.
- 2 Meyer Kathi Brauerei (Kathi-Bräu), Heckenhof 1, 91347 Heckenhof-Aufseß, ☏ . 09:00 to 23:00, no closing day. It´s a meeting point for bikers.
- 3 Brauerei Reichold, Hochstahl 24, ☏ . closed on Mondays. 0,5 l beer €1.90.
- 4 Brauerei Stadter, Sachsendorf, 91347 Aufseß, ☏ . November - March: closed on Monday and Tuesday, April - October: Monday and Tuesday opened from 17:00.
Finding affordable accommodation might be difficult in summer.
- 1 Zum Mühlengrund, Neuhaus, 91347 Aufseß, ☏ . with shower, WC, phone and TV. Single room €37,00, double room €54,00.
- 2 Brauereigasthof Rothenbach, Im Tal 70, 91347 Aufseß, ☏ . non smoker rooms with shower, WC, phone and TV. Single room €38, double room €62.
- 3 Brauerei Reichold, Hochstahl 24, 91347 Aufseß, ☏ . with shower, WC, phone and TV. Motorhome parking bays are right next to the brewery. Single room €30, double room €40.
Visit Bamberg to see the medieval town and try the local smoked beer (Rauchbier) or to Bayreuth, is famous as the host of the Richard Wagner Festival, furthermore the Markgräfliches Opernhaus is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List