Awa (阿波市 Awa-shi) is a city located in the north-central part of Tokushima prefecture, on the north bank of the Yoshino river. Itano-cho lies to the East, Mima City to the West, Yoshinogawa City to the South, and Kagawa prefecture is located to the North. The border with Kagawa prefecture to the north is marked by the Asan mountains.
- 1 Jūraku-ji (十楽寺). Temple 7 on the Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage.
- 2 Kumadani-ji Temple (熊谷寺). Temple 8 on the Shikoku 88 temple pilgrimage.
- 3 Hōrin-ji (法輪寺). Temple 9 on the Shikoku 88 temple pilgrimage.
- 4 Kirihata-ji Temple (切幡寺). the 10th temple of the Shikoku Pilgrimage. The daitō pagoda dates from 1618.
- 5 Awa Sand Pillars (阿波の土柱). Pillars of sandstone and gravel created by weathering.