Awadh is in province in Uttar Pradesh, India. It consists of the districts of Ambedkar Nagar, Bahraich, Balrampur, Barabanki, Basti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Faizabad, Ayodhya, Gonda, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Lucknow, Pratapgarh, Raebareli, Amethi, Shravasti, Siddharth Nagar, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Jaunpur, Unnao, Fatehpur, Kaushambi, Allahabad and Kanpur. It is located in the central part of Uttar Pradesh and includes the state capital Lucknow.
- 1 Ayodhya — birthplace of Shri Ram, the central character from the Hindu mythology Ramayana
- 2 Faizabad — former capital of the state of Awadh
- 3 Hardoi — a city of Prahlada
- 4 Lucknow — the capital of Uttar Pradesh, also home to one of the IIM
- 5 Raebareli — famous as the VVIP parliamentary constituency
- 6 Rajesultanpur — city with top Hindu places
- 7 Sitapur — river city, Sufi center
- 8 Sultanpur — A university city
- 9 Unnao — a small temple city
Awadhi cuisine is famous and represents a continuation of the heritage of the Mughal Empire. In the non-vegetarian space, Awadh is first and foremost known for its range of delicious kebabs, ranging from shami kebab patties to seekh kebab skewers.