Walk till your heart's content or take a dolmuş back to Chamlihemshin (to get cash or get into another valley) or Pazar.
It's a nice trek up to Yukarı Kavron, mountain pastures higher in the valley, towards the Kackar peak. However, there are far too many vehicles during the summer. It'a better idea to take the dolmuş, from the center of Ayder, and start your trek from Kavron.
Beautiful mountain scenery and maybe Hemshin people dancing and playing a peculiar sounding bagpipe.
- Walk through the beautiful mountain scenery of the Kaçkar Mountains. Head up Mount Kaçkar or to the three lakes: lots to see and do. It is advisable to hire a guide though.
- Take a dip in the hot spring pool at the local hamam—hot and wonderful after a day's hike.
- Yilmaz Cafeterya, ☏ . A really sweet family-run restaurant with fantastic soups and Turkish fondue. It's a little more than halfway up the hill on the main street in Ayder (on the left side if you are going up the hill). They speak a little bit of English, and they're friendly as can be. 5-8 TL mains.
- Zirve Ahsap Pansiyon, ☏ . A chalet-type pension catering largely for families but also quite suitable for others. It's behind the buildings north of the dolmuş stop in Ayder; Head up the mountainside left from the baker's, Take the path parallel to the main road. It's behind a gaudy concrete building and a water trough.
- Ayder Doğa Resort, ☏ , ✉ Reservation@ayderdogaresort.com. Check-out: 11.30. Famous hotel at town with 35 rooms. Start-stop from 60euro.
Take the dolmuş to Pazar and from there a bus to Trabzon or Rize.