There are 16 natural springs with thermal mineral water, scattered along the Cerna for about 4 km, in the neighbourhood of the town. Nine hydro-geological drillings have been performed to obtain flow increases.
- By road: The spa is 5 km far from the National Road DN 6 (E 70), which links the western part of the country to Bucharest;
- By train: Herculane rail station on the international railway Bucharest-Timișoara-Budapest;
- By plane: the nearest airports: Craiova (160 km) and Timișoara international airport (170 km). The closest important town is Drobeta-Turnu-Severin (47 km).
- Băile Herculane is posted in south-west of Romania, at the crossing of the 450 52I N parallel with 230 52I E meridian, in the same position with Venice and Nice.
- It's just off European route E 70, 380 km from Bucarest.
- The nearest airport is at Caransebes – 70 km away.