Bad Schandau is served by the Elbe valley rail line connecting Dresden and Prague and therefore the two hourly Eurocity train stops there. There are also hourly S-Bahn train services from Dresden, which are slower but more frequent and accept regional travel passes. The main Bad Schandau railway station is some distance from the historic town centre and on the opposite side of the Elbe, and is linked to it by a half-hourly ferry or less-frequent and less direct bus services. Krippen railway station is almost opposite the historic town centre and is also linked to it by a ferry, but has a less frequent rail service.
Long-distance EuroCity trains between Berlin and Prague calls here, with a few trains per day continuing to Bratislava and Budapest, at least for the foreseeable future until at new bypass tunnel is scheduled to be completed in the early 2030s. Additionally, regional line from Meißen via Dresden runs at least once every hour. Bad Schandau is three stations away from the line's terminus, Schöna. Czech regional trains from Decin also calls here.
- 1 Bad Schandau railway station, Am Bahnhof 5.
During the summer season there are touristic steam boats from/to Dresden and several other places along the Elbe. They take longer than the train ride and are more expensive, but the views of the river and the Elbe valley are spectacular
All information about public transport is available at the homepage of the Public transport authority Upper Elbe (VVO).
- 1 Lichtenhain Waterfall. a waterfall which can be "pushed"!
- Campingplatz "Ostrauer Mühle", Kirnitzschtal, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pension Elbblick, Elbufer 29, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Pension & Apartment Menge, Badallee 12/13, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pension Villa Anna, Kirnitzschtalstraße 85, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Pension Grenz-Eck, Schmilka Nr.23, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Garni Grundmühle, Friedrich-Gottlob-Keller-Straße 69, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel Garni Elbgarten, Dresdner Straße 9, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Villa Waldfrieden, Schmilka Nr. 10, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel - Gasthof "Zum Bären", Zaukenstraße 10, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Elbpromenade, Elbufer 10, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Panoramahotel Wolfsberg, Zum Wolfsberg 102, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parkhotel Bad Schandau, Rudolf-Sendig-Straße 12, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel Dekorahaus, Kirnitzschtalstraße 87, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elbhotel Bad Schandau, An der Elbe 2, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel Lindenhof, Rudolf-Sendig-Staße 11, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apparthotel Steiger Bad Schandau, Elbstraße 6, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel Helvetia, Schmilka Nr. 11, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Elbresidenz, Markt 1-11, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Königstein with its 16th-century mountain fortress, one of the biggest in Europe (7 km to the west, 3 minutes by train)
- Rathen with its mountain theatre and the spectacular Bastei rock formation (8 km to the northeast, 9 minutes by train)
- Děčín, Czech Republic (23 km to the south, 27 minutes by train)
|Routes through Bad Schandau|
|Dresden ←||Hamburg Prague||→ Děčín → Prague|