Bad Schussenried is a city in Baden Württemberg, Germany. It is member of "Cittaslow" and is located on the "Upper Swabian Baroque Route", the "Swabian Bath Road" and the "Way of St. James". The Humboldt Institute has a branch here. Its population is 8,446.
Evidence of habitation from the Stone Age can be found here. The town was formally founded in 1153 with the original monastery established in 1138.
Bad Schussenried is located on the Southern Railway. The stations of the „Southern Railway“ are: Stuttgart Hbf – Esslingen (Neckar) – Plochingen – Göppingen – Geislingen (Steige) – Ulm Hbf – Laupheim – Biberach (Riß) – Bad Schussenried – Aulendorf – Ravensburg – Meckenbeuren – Friedrichshafen.
- 1 Schussenried Abbey (Cloister Schussenried). Year-round: Exhibitions in Schussenried Abbey.
- 2 Bierkrugmuseum, Wilhelm-Schussen-Straße 12, ☏ .
- Museum village Kürnbach
- Ailinger Erlebnismühle. An old mill.
- Carriage museum
- Spring of the Schussen
- Pilgrimage church of Steinhausen
- Fasnet (Carnival). In February or March, 48 days before Easter Sunday. With the highlights "Gumpige Thursday" and "Rose Monday".
- Culinary specialties market. In June.
- June: Parkfest and Tour de Baroque
- July: Culture night, Tennis world ranking tournament "Schneider-Open".
- Mid-September: Magnus, children's and Heimatfest
- End of September / beginning of October: Oktoberfest / Fuhrmannstag
- November: full moon run
- Early December: Christmas, horse and shop market
- Go to the "Kurpark".
- Swim in the "Zellersee Naturfreibad" or "Olzreuter See".
- Learn German on the Humboldt Institut.
The town has the usual collection of stores such as ALDI, Lidl, Müller, Netto and Rewe.
- Bambus Asiatisches-Restaurant (Asian)
- Brauerei Museumsgaststätte (German)
- Cafe am Markt (German)
- Cafe Andelfinger (German)
- Cafe Burg (German)
- Carlos (Mediterranean cuisine)
- Eiscafe Fontana (Italian)
- Klosterhof (German)
- La Gondola (Italian)
- Moorbadstüble (Italian and Turkish)
- Pizzeria Vesuvio (Italian)
- Racket Sports'bar
- Schinderhannes (German)
- Weinstadel (German)
- Zum Wilder Mann (German)
- 1 Andelfinger Café Konditorei, Wilhelm-Schussen-Str. 17, 88427 Bad Schussenried, ☏ .
- 2 Café Schmid, Dorfstr. 6, 88427 Bad Schussenried / Steinhausen.
- 3 Landgasthof zur Linde, Ingoldinger Str. 2, 88427 Bad Schussenried / Steinhausen, ☏ .
- 4 Zur Dicken Hilde, Ziegeleiweg 2, 88427 Bad Schussenried, ☏ .