Ballito is a coastal town on the North Coast (KwaZulu-Natal) of South Africa. It's mainly a resort town, featuring beaches and condominiums. As Ballito has nothing interesting to offer beside the beach it make sense to travel further north or south as the beaches there are as nice as in Ballito.
As there is no public transport available you need a car to get around. But as most of the hotels are close to the beach you can walk there. Ballito is a quiet save (compared to other areas is SA) even a walk at night is possible.
- Dolphins and Whales swimming along the coastline.
- Sundance (Bed and Breakfast), 18 Dolphin Crescent, Shakas Rock (Up the hill from Salt Rock Main beach, 20 mins north of Umhlanga), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. From R350pp.
- 1 Boathouse, 33 Compensation Beach Road, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast overlooking Salmon Bay before setting out for an activity-filled day at one of the nearby golf courses or just soaking up the sun next to the pool. Luxury en-suite rooms, a-la-carte restaurant, fully licensed bar and direct beach access. From R595pps.
- Hampshire Hotel Ballito, 4048 Moffatt Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM content=. R900-1000 per room.
- Secret Spot, Shaka's Rock Main Rd., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A surf resort that includes lessons, and has an onsite bar and private beach. Varies R120-480.