Bantayan is an island that is part of Cebu Province.
Bantayan is divided into three municipalities:
- Santa Fe
- Bantayan Town
Most of the accommodations and beaches are in Santa Fe municipality. The ferries from Cebu also arrive there.
Travelers sometime mistaken 'Bantayan' with 'Daan Bantayan' area in the inland of Cebu island, east of the Bantayan island.
Two ferry companies ply the route between Hagnaya on Cebu island and the port of Santa Fe in Bantayan.
- Super Shuttle Ferry
- Island Shipping Express
- Ferries leave each port every hour from 6AM until 5PM. The fare is ₱170 + ₱10 terminal fee (Feb 2019).
- The air-conditioned bus fare from the Northern bus terminal in Cebu to Hagnaya port was ₱175 (Feb 2019).
- The non-air-conditioned bus fare was ₱140 pesos (Feb 2019).
Air Juan operate aircraft between Mactan-Cebu International Airport and Bantayan airfield in Santa Fe. The fare is from ₱2576 round trip. and flying time is 30 minutes each way.
- Tricikab (local pedicab) - a short trip from the pier to the town should cost you about ₱20 one way
- Motorbike rental, ₱P250-450 a day, available in resorts and in rental shops in Santa Fe town
- Bicycle rental also available (₱P100 a day)
- Habal-habal (single motorbike with driver) for longer distances
- The fare for a seat in a jeepney from Santa Fe town to Bantayan town is ₱25 (Aug 2017).
- Virgin Island
- Ogtong Cave
- Paradise Beach
- Bantayan Church
- There are PNB Bank ATMs in Santa Fe town and Bantayan town.
- PNB ATMs have a ₱250 fee for overseas bank cards.
The public markets in Bantayan town and Santa Fe have the best prices for food.
In Bantayan Town:
- D'Jungle restaurant - Friday buffet: all you can eat for ₱395
- Balikbyan restaurant - German and Filipino food, try the Bicolano spicy dishes (Kinunot or Bicol express), the delicious steaks, the pork schnitzel or the mashed potatoes (further down the road after the other restaurants)
- Hard Kock Kafe - Filipino and Western food, they have also Indian vindaloo on their menu
- Blue Ice restaurant - Danish operation
- Le Petit Bonheur - French operated, ice cream is their specialty
- O'Marisquera Portuguese restaurant - Portuguese and Filipino food
In Santa Fe:
- MJ Square - an eatery complex with local and international food.
- Coucou Restaurant - operated by friendly owner Denis from Belgium, serves Filipino and Thai food as well as nice pizzas
- Hard Kock Kafe
- Coucou Bar
- HR Music Bar
- if you're in a local mood try the typical filipino KTV Bars such as Zenzebar or Ginza
- Bantayan Cottages, Froska Street (on road from port going to santa fe town), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Fan double rooms or air-conditioned double rooms. Has free WiFi. ₱400-700.
- R & R Lodging House, Santa Fe. Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Fan double rooms. ₱500.
- Sacred Heart Apartelle, Ticad Bantayan Town, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Fan/ac double rooms common bathroom. Has a TV lounge. ₱300/450.
- Island Pension House & Fast foods, Ticad Bantayan Town, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Fan/ac double rooms with common bathrooms. Has a cable TV lounge. ₱300/450.
- Montemar Pension House, Bantayan Town (above the PNB), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. fan double room own bathroom ₱400.
- Onde Guest House, Santa Fe town, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Fan double room with own bathroom. ₱400.
Metro Cebu is the hub of the region, much the largest urban area.