City in West Bengal, India
Barasat is a town at the northern fringes of Kolkata, West Bengal and the headquarters of North 24 Parganas district.
- 1 Barasat Junction railway station.
- 2 Barasat Bus Terminus, Champadali.
See and doEdit
- 1 Saha Textile, Haritala.
- 2 Star Mall, 74/Mall/A, Jessore Rd.
Eat and drinkEdit
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Mid-range||₹1000 to ₹3000|
- 1 Annapurna Hotel, Taki Rd, ☏ +91 9433275251.
- 2 Hotel Windsor, Rishi Bankim Chandra Rd, ☏ +91 9831260630.
- 3 Palash Hotel, 125, Jessore Rd, ☏ +91 33 25523042.
For the past several years Barasat has, from time to time, been in the news for crime in general and against women in particular. The victims have generally been local people and life has gone on. However, those travelling to Barasat may keep a note of the emergency police number: 100.