Bauru is a city in the state of São Paulo.
- Via the Marechal Rondon Highway (Rodovia Marechal Rondon), it is 335km from São Paulo, via Botucatu.
- Via SP-225 it is 353km from São Paulo, via Jaú, access from km 206 of the Washington Luís Highwayin Itirapina.
There are two daily flights from Congonhas Airport in São Paulo to Bauru's nearest airport in Arealva, 25km from the city. The airport is served by GOL and Pantanal. Taxis charge a fixed fare of R$60 to reach Bauru, or you can take a city bus that connects to the bus terminal for less than R$3.
- Bauru Zoo (Jardim Zoológico de Bauru), Rod. Com. João Barros, Km 232.5 (9km from the city center).
- Ecological Park (Parque Ecológico) (10km from the city center). Preserving the local highland vegetation.
- Railroad Museum (Museu Ferroviário), Block 1 of Rua 1 de Agosto.
- History Museum (Museu Histórico), Block 13 of Rua Antonio Alves.
- Recinto Mello Morães Exposition Park (Parque de Exposições do Recinto Mello Morães) (5km from the city center).
- Shopping Bauru, Rua Henrique Savi, 15-55 - Vila Nova Cidade Universitária, ☏ . Mon-Sat 10AM-10PM. Large western-style shopping mall with various shops, a movie theater and a food court.
- Barraca Oba-Oba, Praça da Paz. Small stall selling churros.
- Fried Fish, Av. Getúlio Vargas, 2-50, ☏ . You may be able to guess what this popular shop specializes in.
- Skinão, Rua Rio Branco, 23-06 - Vila Samaritana (end of the street), ☏ . 11AM-1AM, closed Tuesdays. Serving authentic "Bauru" sandwiches.
Bauru has a fairly happening nightlife for a city its size, due to the large number of university students. Bars and dance clubs are concentrated around Getúlio Vargas and Nações Unidas Avenues.
- Aeroclube. Busy at weekends
- Bar do Português, Rua Benjamin Constant, 10-45 - Higienópolis, ☏ . Mon-Thurs 4PM-11:30PM, Fri 4PM-12AM, Sat. 11AM-10:30PM. Prize-winning drafthouse. Try the "chope black".