city in Bay County, Michigan, USA
Bay City is a city in Central Michigan. A former lumbering/mill town that was incorporated in 1865, it was at one time the home of the celebrity Madonna, which is commemorated in a mural downtown.
Bay City is accessible from I-75 / US-23 and US-10 highways.
Bay City is served by Greyhound Bus Lines through Indian Trails.
- 1 MBS International Airport (MBS IATA) (located in nearby Freeland, about midway between Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw.). The airport is served by United Express flights from Chicago-O'Hare, plus Delta Connection flights from Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul, plus seasonal flights from Atlanta.
- 2 James Clements Municipal Airport. A General aviation airport.
- Delta College Planetarium & Learning Center, 100 Center Ave, ☏ +1-989-667-2260, email@example.com. 146-seat, interactive, Digistar 6 theater. Observation deck with panoramic view of downtown Bay City and Saginaw River. Astronomy programs for enthusiasts of all ages.
- 1 . Daily 9AM-5PM. An intriguing naval museum given that it is housed in a former US destroyer. $14 adults, $12 veterans, $10 kids ages 4-17.
- Historical Museum Of Bay County, 321 Washington Ave, ☏ +1 989-893-5733, firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa Noon-4PM. Historical review of the area. Free.
- 2 State Theatre.
- 3 Bay City State Park, 3582 State Park Dr, ☏ +1 989-684-3020. Daily 8AM-10PM. State park along Saginaw Bay contain Tibico Marsh, a freshwater marsh sanctuary, with boardwalks and bird blinds, plus (often polluted) beach and recreational amenities.
- The four bascule-type drawbridges over the Saginaw River that bisects the town along with the historic downtown area.
The Riverwalk located along the Saginaw river. Features artwork, gardens, softball fields and a children's playground.
- Center Avenue Homes, Eastside (part of Hwy 25). Center Avenue consists of a long string of classic and historic homes built by some of the elite lumber barons who helped settle the area. Each home is different and seems to have been constructed to "out-do" its neighbor. Look for tower rooms, sprawling three and four story homes with wings off the main structure. Free.
- Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Festival.
- Bay City Fireworks Festival. 4th of July.
- Things That Go Bump In The Night Film Festival.
- Fusion 1 Cafe, 813 Saginaw St, ☏ +1 989-891-0551.
Visit Bay City's Midland Street for a wide variety of pubs, bars and clubs set in with local shops and restaurants. The area is part of the historic down town of West Bay City.
- Populace Coffee, 810 Saginaw St.. The best coffee shop in town, and a favorite haunt of many young locals.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 4105 East Wilder Road, ☏ +1 989 667-7050, fax: +1 989 667-7050.
|Routes through Bay City|
|Mackinaw City ← Grayling ←||N S||→ Saginaw → Flint|
|Ludington ← Midland ←||W E||→ END|
|Alpena ← Tawas City ←||N S||→ Saginaw → Flint|