city in Ohio
Bus 94 serves Beachwood. From the terminus of the Green and Blue Line in Shaker Heights, you can walk to Beachwood.
- 1 Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd, ☏ . Su Tu Th Sa 11AM-5PM, W 11AM-9PM, Sa noon-5PM, closed M. An inspirational experience for any American who is one or has descended from immigrants. The museum is divided into three sections: the permanent exhibits which focus on Cleveland's Jewish community, its history, and its contributions; a portion of the Temple Tifereth-Israel Judaic art collection; and the temporary exhibits. $12 adults, $10 seniors and students, $5 children 5-11, free for children under 5.
- 2 Temple-Tifereth Israel, 26000 Shaker Blvd, ☏ . A Reform Jewish synagogue built in 1971. The congregation dates back to 1850 and used to have its home at the Temple in University Circle. The temple also houses rotating museum exhibits.
- Taza's (Eton Center). Great Lebanese food.
- Giovanni's Ristorante, 25550 Chagrin Blvd, ☏ . 1 of 6 Cleveland restaurants with AAA's four diamond rating.
- 1 Clarion Hotel, 26300 Chagrin Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 2 Courtyard, 3695 Orange Pl, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 3 Extended StayAmerica, 3820 Orange Pl, ☏ .
- 4 Residence Inn, 3750 Orange Pl, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. 4 floors, 144 rooms, 14 suites, and two meeting rooms. Amenities include free wireless internet, free continental breakfast, free parking, fitness center, business center, and pool with two-story waterslide (48" height requirement, closed Mondays & Tuesdays). The rooms lack soundproofing, so try to get a room on the back side of the hotel if you don't want to wake up every time someone drives into the parking lot with loud music playing.
- 5 Super 8, 3795 Orange Pl, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Cuyahoga County Public Library (Beachwood Branch), 25501 Shaker Blvd, ☏ . Mo-Th 9AM-9PM, Fr-Sa 9AM-5:30PM, Su 1PM-5PM.
- 1 University Heights - University Heights is named for John Carroll University, a private liberal arts college which was originally founded by the Jesuits in 1886 and relocated to its current location within the city in 1935. The small suburb is nicknamed the "City of Beautiful Homes", with many homes dating back to the early 1900s. While it offers few attractions that draw visitors aside from the university, it does have several parks, a public pool, and numerous dining and shopping options.
- 2 Shaker Heights - Established in 1822 as the North Union Settlement by the religious Shaker community, Shaker Heights became one of America's oldest planned communities in 1912 when it was redeveloped as a garden community for commuters to Cleveland. Today the suburb offers stunning architecture, with many of the homes and other buildings featured in architectural texts. Visitors will also enjoy several picturesque man-made lakes, a 20-acre (8.1 ha) nature preserve, and a historical museum that documents the area's early Shaker roots. Amenities include an excellent public library, numerous restaurants, and shopping destinations including the historic Shaker Square.
- 3 Chagrin Falls - A nearby suburb that is home to quaint shops, nice restaurants, and a waterfall that gives the town its name.
- 4 Cleveland/East Side - The major city that dominates the region, Cleveland has experienced a revival and offers numerous food, lodging and entertainment options.
|Routes through Beachwood|
|Cleveland ← Shaker Heights ←||W E||→ Warren → Youngstown|