Bellagio is a city in Lombardy, Italy, situated at the picturesque junction of the three legs of Lake Como. Many celebrities are known to pass through this small Italian town. This fame has become somewhat of a point of pride and some stores display pictures of famous people who have passed through. The name of the town and some of its looks are used by the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
- 1 Tourism Information Office, Pontile 2, Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini, 48 (on the 2nd pier), ☏ +39 031 950204. Mar 15th–Nov 14th: 09:30–12:30 13:30–19:30 daily; Closed in winter 15 Nov–14 Mar. Propose to lock luggages.
- 2 Promo Bellagio office, Piazza della Chiesa, 14 (in the stone tower), ☏ +39 031 951 555, firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:30–11:00 14:30–15:30.
From Como take bus route C30 "Como-Nesso-Bellagio". It takes 1 hr 10 min and costs €3.70. You can buy tickets in bars, including the one in train station. ()
- 1 Ferries (Gestione Governativa Navigazione Laghi). connect the village with nearby villages sitting on the shores of the lake, as well as with the towns of Como and Lecco at the SW and SE ends of the lake. €4.60/person + €4/car.
Varenna is the nearest train station, then take a ferry from there, Como and Lecco are other alternatives.
- 1 Villa Melzi, Via Melzi d'Eril. Late March to October 09:30–18:30. Tickets include entrance to the Neoclassical Chapel, and the museum, as well as the garden. €6.50.
- 2 Villa Serbelloni, Piazza della Chiesa, 14 (meeting point at the Promobellagio office in the medieval stone tower in the main square (near the church of St. Giacomo) in the upper part of the historic centre, 10 minutes walk from the ferry pier). Mid-March to October Tu–Su only by guided tours (min. 6 people) at 11:00 and 15:30 (14:30 during solar time). Don't confuse it with the nearby Grandhotel Villa Serbelloni, which has the same name. A tour lasts 1h30 and involves uphill walking. The tourist guide studied in Oxford and has excellent English. She tells you interesting stories about the villa (no visits inside), such as that Napoleon was here and that it was owned by a member of the Rockefeller family. €9.
Take a cruise around the lake.
- 1 Riverside Snack Bar, Via alla Spiaggia (San Giovanni neighborhood), ☏ +39 328 919 2438. This family run bar and restaurant is only open for five months of the year during the summer season and is popular with both tourists and locals for its fantastic rustic food and friendly atmosphere. The younger staff members all speak excellent English. It is situated right on the lake so is a nice place to stop and rest and grab a bite during the hottest hours of the day.
- 1 Hotel Fioroni, Viale Domenico Vitali, 2 (next the TotalErg station, 18 min by foot from pier, 1,300 m (4,300 ft) south from the centre, or 700 m (2,300 ft) east from Villa Melzi Gardens), ☏ +39 031 950392, email@example.com. Check-out: 11:00. A 3-star hotel, with views on the Lecco branch of Como Lake. €100.
- 2 Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni (Grand Hotel Bellagio), Via Roma, 1, ☏ +39 031 950216, firstname.lastname@example.org. The most famous hotel in Bellagio since late 19th century, and the only 5-star one. Double from €550.
- Menaggio – a town across the lake, on the western shore
- Tremezzina – a town directly to the west across the lake, home to Villa del Balbianello and Villa Carlotta
- Varenna – a village on the eastern lakeshore to the north, home to Villa Monastero