Ben Lomond National Park is in Northeast Tasmania.
Ben Lomond was declared a National Park and Scenic Reserve in July 1947.
Ben Lomond is Tasmania's only downhill skiing area. It offers skiing from approximately July to September (check the snow report ) and day walks in summer.
Flora and faunaEdit
According to Tasmania's Parks & Wildlife Service, Ben Lomond National Park is invaluable for the conservation of the flora communities and species diversity of Tasmania's alpine areas. 
Located 50 km south-east of Launceston, Ben Lomond National Park is accessible via the Blessington Road (C401) near Upper Blessington. Wheel chains must be carried between June and September - they are not available on the mountain, but can be rented or purchased from outlets in major centres.
If travelling at night, please watch out for native animals!
Also, a shuttle bus service runs from the snowline to the top car park daily within season. The service starts from around 9AM daily in season and is a great option if you prefer to leave the snow chains at home. (Adults $12, child/concession $8).
Fees and permitsEdit
Entry fees are payable when visiting any of Tasmania's National Parks. The latest information on entry fees is available here: 
- Hiking. There are two cross country ski routes which are also used as walking routes. They are not formed trails but are marked by snow poles.
- Carr Villa to Alpine Village: This walk takes approximately 1.5 hours one way with steep gradients up the side of the plateau. The route takes you up onto the plateau and then along the plateau to the highest point.
- Alpine Village to Little Hell: This walk takes about 1.5 hours return. From the top of Little Hell there are views across the southern part of the plateau to Stacks Bluff.
- . Rock climbing.
- Ben Lomond Snow Sports, ☏ . Offers skis, snowboards, poles, boots, helmets, clothing, and toboggans for hire during snow season.
- Storys Creek to Stacks Bluff Walk. For a more challenging walk, enter the park from the southern end at Storys Creek near Rossarden.
Creek Inn has six rooms ($170 a double, $40 extra adult, $20 extra child). Phone (03) 6390 6199.