town in North Carolina, United States
Benson is in North Carolina.
- 1 Bentonville Battlefield State Historic Site, 5466 Harper House Rd, Four Oaks, ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM. Marks the site of the largest Civil War battle in North Carolina, which took place March 19-21, 1865, where the Confederates took another thrashing by General William Sherman in their waning days of the war.
- 2 Averasboro Battlefield and Museum, 3300 NC-82, Dunn, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-3PM. This battlefield site marks where Confederate Lt. General Hardee was sent to check the advancing Union forces of General Sherman in March of 1865 prior to the decisive Battle of Bentonville that happened days later. Just to the south of the museum is the Chicora Cemetery where casualties of the battle lie.
- 3 General William C Lee Airborne Museum, 209 W Divine St, Dunn, ☏ . F-Sa 11AM-3PM. Residence turned museum of General William Lee, regarded as the father of the US Airborne.
- 4 Dunn Area History Museum, 201 E Broad St, Dunn, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-4:30PM. Local history museum.
- Benson Mule Days. Annual festival held on the fourth Saturday of September
|Routes through Benson|
|Durham ← Raleigh ←||W E||→ Wilmington → END|
|Richmond ← Smithfield ←||N S||→ Fayetteville → Savannah|