town in New South Wales, Australia
Berrima is one of the towns located beside the Hume Highway/Motorway and it can easily be accessed by taking Exit 11 on the Hume Motorway.
- 1 Bay Tree Gallery, Shop 2, 11B Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM.
- 2 Berrima Courthouse, 1 Wilshire St, ☏ . Daily 10AM-4PM. Berrima's historic courthouse is no longer operating but has been converted into a museum. Like many of the buildings in this quaint town, it is made of sandstone. Adults $9, concession $8, children $6, family pass $20.
- 3 Berrima District Museum, 1 Market Place, ☏ . W-Su 10AM-4PM. Adult $5, children free.
- 1 Australian Alpaca Centre, The Market Place, Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Daily 9:30AM-4:30PM. As the name would suggest this shop specialises in alpaca knitwear, selling items including jumpers, beanies, gloves, Jackets, cushions, throws and more.
- 2 Berkelouw Book Barn, 3020 Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM. Located on the outskirts of Berrima and situated within Bendooley Estate, the Book Barn is a haven for bibliophiles. Along with the main bookshop, which sells both new and second-hand books, is a section dedicated to rare books. The barn also houses other amenities that are part of Bendooley Estate including a restaurant and cellar door.
- 3 Lolly Swagman, 1/116 Old Hume Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 9:30AM-5PM. If you have a sweet tooth be sure to check out the Lolly Swagman. Not only do they have an extensive range of lollies, but they also have many classics that you scarcely find in shops these days.
- 1 Bush Ranger's Bistro (Surveyor General Inn), 22 Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Lunch noon-2:30PM; Dinner 6PM-8:30PM. A bistro in Berrima's historic sandstone inn serving up a range of standard pub fare. Besides the à la Carte menu is a cook your own BBQ selection, so you can have your steak just the way you like it.
- 2 Gumnut Patisserie, Shop 1, Post Office Corner, Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM. A famous local patisserie with several outlets scattered around the Southern Highlands. For something sweet you can't go wrong with their award winning vanilla slice or apple turnover. For something savoury there is a wide selection of pies, quiches and sausage rolls. If you are looking for a large cake or family size pies you can pre-order to ensure you get what you want.
- 3 Eschalot, 24 Old Hume Highway, ☏ . Lunch: Th-Su noon-4:30PM; dinner: W-Su 6PM-11:30PM. One of the finest restaurants in the Southern Highlands, serving up Modern Australian/European cuisine within a historic sandstone cottage. Some of their most popular dishes include the twice baked soufflé and the duck confit, which have been on the menu since the restaurants opening. Entrée from $22, main from $34, 8-course tasting menu $110.