Bhavnagar is a city in the Saurashtran peninsula of Gujarat, India, known as an industrial hub excelling in salt and jewellery production, and is associated with Mahatma Gandhi, who went to university here.
The city is connected to Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Surat, Vadodara and some cities in Saurashtra by railway.
- 1 Bhavnagar Terminus/BVC Railway Station Rail Info Bhavnagar Terminus. is the main railway station
Most Gujaratis travel by private buses (the roads are among the best in India). Intracity bus service is operated by VTCOS
The local methods transportation are not that great. Hiring a taxi is the most convenient way. Rikshaws, bicycles, motor cycles and private autos are other modes of transport within the city and nearby villages.
- 1 Gaurishankar Lake (Bor Talav).
- 2 Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Waghawadi Road, Aksharvadi, ☏ , . It is a modern construction, but don't miss visiting it.
- 3 Takhteswar Temple. White marble temple built on hill, gives Aerial View of City. Crafting work on marble stone is pretty good.
- 4 Victoria Park.
- Some traffic circles (road roundabouts) which have small gardens or park in the middle, i.e. Crescent Circle, Ghogha Circle, Mahila Collage Circle.
- 1 Top 3 Multiplex. One of the multiplex in Bhavnagar.
- 2 Adhyatmik Sadhana Kendra, Umarala Town. Spiritual Study Centre where more than 500 true seeker are doing their sadhana.
- Play Chopat with the locals. The people of Bhavnagar are some of the friendliest in India. Mixing with them will be a memorable experience. Look for people playing Cross and Circle game in public places. You can join them and make friends for a lifetime. Chopat is also called Aman Chache and it is a variation of the dice game in Indian epics.
- South Indian Food - Udipi Restaurant
- Panjabi Food - Saffron
- Lachoo na Pav Gathiya - You should absolutely not miss this one. It is a local specialty that has a huge following even on Facebook. If you visit Bhavnagar, definitely give it a try.
- Gujrati Thali - it is as good as anywhere in Gujarat.
- Fafadiya Ganthiya is much famous, having special test. You can't find anywhere else, even in the rest of Gujarat also.
Hot spicy -Tikha Ganthiya with temrine IMALI chatani dipped in with pav (Bread Slices).
- Handiyavad is the famous place for the non vegetarian where non veg items are served Muslim style. The place is within a city. One more place to hang out for food is Talaon(Well).
One has to eat the ganthiya at Bacchu's in Ghogha circle.
- 1 Saffron, Waghawadi Road, opp. Swaminarayan Axarwadi Temple. Panjabi veg. cuisine
- 2 Tulsi Restaurant, Kalubha Rd, Kalanala Chowk, ☏ .
- 3 Red Chilli Garden Restaurant, 150 ft Ring road, Top3 to Ghogha road,, ☏ . 10:30AM-11:30PM. One of the best restaurants for Punjabi, Kathiyawadi, South Indian and Paw Bhaji.
In Winter - Special hot milk shake. Mostly available near Ghogha Circle. It is believed to be good for health also.
Lassi - Sweet Buttermilk, is also available in different area with different test.
Hard drink is not permitted to consume in the Gujarat. You can get some fruit beers here. Nearest place is Div for Drinking lover people.
A 1 hotel & Yadgar Hotel is the best non veg foods serviced in Handiyavad area.
- 1 Hotel Swagat, Kesharinandan complex, Bhidbhanjan chowk,, ☏ , , , , .
- 2 Jubilee Hotels, Behind Pilgarden, Bhavnagar, ☏ , .
- 3 Shital Guest House, Mali No Tekro, Amba Chowk, ☏ .
- 4 The Hotel Mini (Railway Station Road Mahuva,), ☏ , . Check-out: 24 hours.
- 5 Hotel White Rose, Opp. Vithalwadi, Neelambaug, Bhavnagar, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: after noon, check-out: Noon. From ₹800 To ₹1100.
- 6 Vrindavan Plaza Hotel, 1139, Sir Pattani Road, Bhavnagar. ₹700 to ₹1600.
- 7 Bluehill Hotel, Opp Pill Garden, Bhavnagar, ☏ , , , . Check-in: Noon, check-out: 10AM. From ₹1000 to ₹3000.
- 8 Hotel Apollo, Station Rd, Sutarwad, Panwadi (opposite the bus stand), ☏ , . Check-out: Noon. ₹500 to ₹1200.
- 9 Hotel Mausam, Alka cinema, Station Road, Bhavnagar, ☏ .
- 10 Hotel Sun 'n' Shine, S.T. Station Road, Panwadi, Bhavnagar 364001, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: Noon, check-out: 10AM. ₹1600 to ₹3000.
Again - the best modes are private buses or airlines if you are traveling to Mumbai.