census designated place in Mono County, California, United States
(Redirected from Bodie)
Bridgeport is a city in Mono County in the Eastern Sierra region of California.
Highway 395 passes directly through Bridgeport as its main street.
Bryant Field Airport for general aviation is located just north of town. Be aware of density altitudes, especially in the summer.
- 1 Mono County Courthouse.
- Several hot springs, including Buckeye a few miles west of Bridgeport and Travertine about a mile south. The Forest Service Office (Hy. 395 south of town 1/2 mile, +1 760-932-7070) offers visitor information, maps and suggestions for hiking and day trips, wilderness permits and year-round wood cutting permits. The area is suited to fishing, hiking, backpacking, ATV riding and camping.
- Best Western Ruby Inn, 333 Main St, ☏ +1 760 932-7241, fax: +1 760 932-7531.
- 1 Buckeye Campground, Toiyabe National Forest, ☏ +1-760-932-7070. Hiking trails, hot springs, firewood, toilets. No potable water available.
- 2 Bootleg Campground, Walker, ☏ +1 760 932-7070. 63 campsites, RV pull-throughs. Under $20.
- Chris Flat Campground. In Walker Canyon, a National Scenic Byway, on the Walker River which is stocked with trout. 11 campsites. $20-32.
- 3 Craig's Campground, ☏ +1 760 932-7092.
- Bodie - A long-unpreserved ghost town once famous for mining; the "Deadwood" of the Eastern Sierra, located within Bodie State Historic Park between Bridgeport and Mono Lake off 395.
|Routes through Bridgeport|
|Reno ← Gardnerville ←||N S||→ Lee Vining → Bishop|