The lost ancient city and the western gateway to the Ijen Crater. This place has many ancient stones scattered in various districts and almost forgotten. Alun - alun city is the gathering place of society, to the north there is an old building of Dutch heritage who now becomes Bondowoso SMP 1 and also there is a building called Hall Regents.
The main language is Madurese.
The nearest airport is in Jember, 45 km south of Bondowoso. Then take a taxi, either to Jember's Arjasa Bus Terminal, or directly to Bondowoso.
The most common transport to get to the city. The 1 Bus Terminal is located on the eastern side of the city. There are buses from Probolinggo (3 hours, Rp 20,000), Jember (from Arjasa Bus Terminal) or Situbondo.
Get Becak from Station which take to hotel or around city,or just walking to city (30 menit).
- 1 Railway Station. This old railway station (built in 1893) has been turned into a historical museum where you will find light but well organised information in English on Bondowoso region, with a focus on train. The line between Jember to Panarukan Situbondo and the coast used to go through Bondowoso until it was closed in 2004. A new line is planned as a tourist attraction to get visitors through the scenic landscape of the region.
- Kalianyar Village, beautiful, cool place away from the bustle of the city (15 kilometers south of the city Bondowoso.) population hospitality can be felt when visiting these places, interact directly with them is an impressive activity. process of rice farming can be seen in the rainy season, usually in starting in November until April. in the dry season, farmers began to plant tobacco (about May) and the processing process is a unique activity to be seen (late August or early September). there are performances of traditional music which can be viewed every Saturday night (weekend), and if lucky also can see the dancing cow complaints that usually appear once a month, depending on the players (artist)many prehistoric stone such :Kenong Stone,Sarkofag,grave stone and others,that will be find scattered at several sub-distrik like Grujugan,Maesan,Wringin,and Cerme.
about 10 miles east of town, there is a place of brass handicrafts (Cindogo).
do the trip cycling around the Kalianyar village, is a very interesting activity, we can see the villager activity and feel the culture as well . Kalianyar village besides having beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere, is also famous for two objects of interest are: the process of making tofu and tile for roof, so we could visit the place of manufacture of tiles, as well as learn to keep up. see the process of making tofu, too exciting. If you are interested in a genuine spiritual experience you could make visit to an authentic dukun (holy man and spiritual healer and counselor) Pak Hasan living in a nearest village that he will resolve your anxieties and cure your ailments. Moreover if you are vegetarian he will may amazing you with a great nasi JAMU campur (rice boiled with fresh or cooked vegetables) embellished with ten or more rare herbs grown organically in his garden and picked up and cooked personally with his own hands. Delicious!
Food that is characteristic of the tape, made from cassava on fermentation with a sweet taste, this food can be found in almost all places, especially in Chinatown shops. Many traditional food like nasi pecel, sate, soto and others, when evening you could find at Alun - Alun. The most famous in this place "TAPE" made from Cassava fermentation with sweet taste, which will find Chinatown shop west of Alun - alun. TAHU CAMPUR BUK TUR 15 minutes from Bondowoso, special food would be found at Kalianyar village, suitable for vegetarian but good for everyone also
- 1 Ijen Bondowoso Homestay, Jalan Diponegoro Gang 1 No 19, Kotakulon, 68213 Bondowoso, Indonesia, ☏ . Simple rooms with WiFi and a very basic breakfast. Double room with private bathroom Rp 160,000. 2 bakeries and some restaurants opposite of the road. Offers a packaged tour to Ijen Crater, which includes some other local sightseeings (waterfall, coffee plantations): driver (Rp 650,000 split to up to 4 person) + mask (Rp 25,000) + entrance fee.
Palm Hotel,Anugerah Hotel,Baru Hotel (near from Alun - Alun City/square). Ijen View Hotel.around 500 meter south of Bus station. Home Stay at Kalianyar Village, 15 Kilometers south of the City.
If you interested visit the area near Bondowoso you can email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Kalianyar Village 15 Kilometers south of the city.
- Jember for Meru Betiri National Park and Watu Ulo.
- Baluran National Park.