Borehamwood is a town in Hertfordshire that is next to and shares a railway station with its upmarket neighbour Elstree.
Elstree was a coaching town on the roman road: Watling Street [the A5 renumbered A5183]. Location of Elstree Studios
Located between the M1 and the A1.
- 1 Elstree & Borehamwood railway station. On the London St. Pancras - Bedford Thameslink
- 1 Watling Chase Timberland Trail. 10.5 mile footpath in the Watling Chase Community Forest in Hertfordshire. It starts at Elstree & Borehamwood railway station, finishing in Smallford near St Albans.
The high street has plenty of nice restaurants.
- 1 The Alfred Arms, 22 Shenley Rd, WD6 1DR (From the station car park follow Shenley Road towards the town centre.), ☏ . noon-11:30PM.
- 2 The Hart & Spool, 148-150 Shenley Rd, WD6 1EQ, ☏ . 8AM-11PM. Wetherspoons
- 3 Mops & Brooms, Rowley Ln, WD6 5PD, ☏ . McMullens Pub with rural views.
- 4 The Oak, Rossington Ave, WD6 4LA, ☏ .
- 5 The Waggon & Horses, Watling St, Elstree, WD6 3AA, ☏ . noon-10PM.
- 1 Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, Barnett Bypass, ☏ .
- 2 The Manor Elstree (formerly Edgwarebury Hotel), Edgwarebury Lane, Elstree, WD6 3RE (south of Barnet Lane), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. A tudor manor house. An excellent place to view the lights of London on a summer night. £55-£247.
- 3 Premier Inn London Elstree, Warwick Rd, WD6 1US (From A1 join Elstree Way. After the BP Garage and turn left into Warwick Road.), ☏ .
- 4 Travelodge Borehamwood, Studio Way, WD6 5JY, ☏ . £24+.
- To the north London Colney, 5 mi (8.0 km) on the B5378 through Radlett
- To the north east Potters Bar, 7 mi (11 km) follow the A1(M) Barnet-By-Pass
- To the west Watford, 7 mi (11 km)
|Routes through Borehamwood|
|Peterborough ← Hatfield ←||N S||→ merges with|
|merges with ←||N S||→ Edgware → London|