Easiest to reach by car but can also be accessed by bus from Motala and Linköping or by boat on the Göta Canal
Its small - walk and enjoy the town
- The manually operated locks on the Göta Canal at the entrance to town
- Bike Rental Cykeläventyr Östergötland, Kanalvägen 17, Borensberg, Sweden, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find the Bikerental att the Hi-Hostel"STF Borensberg/ Göta Kanal" dayrental SEK 165.
- Take a boat on the Göta Canal - Boats run daily through the summer both to Motala or in the other direction. One way to Motala from 250 SEK
Delicious but reasonably expensive food served in the Gota hotel (425 SEK for a 3 course menu). Otherwise there are take away pizza and hamburger restaurants in the town.
- Gota hotel, ☏ . A nice little hotel directly on the Göta Canal in a classic old building. Double rooms without showers for 850 SEK.
- Hi-Hostel Borensberg/Göta Kanal, Kanalvägen 17, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Between Göta Canal and the river "Motala Ström" you'll find a fine accommodation in a former glass factory. Accommodation in apartments with own kitchen and bathroom and "hostel" accommodation with shared showers in service building and 2 shared kitchens.
- [dead link] Nääs Kursgård & Hotell, Kanalvägen 17, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.