Bormio is a town located in the Alps in northern Italy. It's a very beautiful old medieval town surrounded by the amazing landscape of Stelvio National Park. You can find good ski slopes and thermal baths.
The nearest airports to Bormio are around 3 hrs away:
- Bergamo-Orio al Serio Airport BGY IATA
- Brescia-Montichiari Airport VBS IATA
- Bolzano Airport BZO IATA
State Road 38 of the Stelvio.
- The historic ones Bagni Vecchi or the modern ones either in Terme or in the luxury Bagni Nuovi or the free ones outdoor into a creek.
- Outdoors activities.
- Walking (in the forest or through the hundreds years historical buildings).
- Skiing: alpine ski (worldwide known for the male FIS world cup downhill race), cross-country ski, ski touring.
- Skating (local top worldwide athletes in short track ice skating competitions).
- Mountain climbing (historically top mountain climbers, e.g. also members of the first and following K2 expeditions).
- Biking (flat areas or uphill and downhill, mountain biking, downhill mountain biking).
- Hunting mushrooms and blueberries.
- Riding horses.
- Enjoy local culture.
- Eating local food and drinking local wines, liquors and water.
- Shopping in the historical center.
- Enjoying historical mountain art, architecture and handicraft.
- Watching some Italian Basketball teams and soccer teams summer pre-season training.
- Relaxing (slow down!).
- Polenta taragna
- Formaggi e salumi locali (local cheese and cold cuts).
- Porcini e finferli (porcini and finferli mushrooms).
- Vini rossi locali della Valtellina (Local red wines from Valtellina Valley).
- Amari locali (local after dinner liquors).
- Local bottled water (a leader in bottled water in Italy, water from a local glacier).