Boso Peninsula (房総半島), and its main city Tateyama (館山)  are at the very South of the Chiba prefecture, a great area to relax and enjoy the beach.
Express JR train from Tokyo costs 3610 yen to Tateyama.
Trains don't go further south than Tateyama city. Even though most people go around by car, there is a bus service. Bicycle is also a great way to go around along the seaside.
- 1 Sunosaki lighthouse (洲崎灯台). A lighthouse with a great view on the sea and neighbouring mountain. Sweets are sold in the small store at the bottom. Sunset spot just beside on the same hill. Free.
- 2 Flower line. A road along the coastline, bordered with flowers.
- 3 Shirohama Flower Park. Lots of flowers, and a big greenhouse where firebugs can be seen at night. 420 ¥.
- 4 Sand hill (砂山). A surprising mountain flanked on each side by huge sand slopes. Local kids have fun sledging or sand skiing from the top. Climbing it is a fun 5-minutes hike and offers a nice view.
- Surf anywhere on the Southwest coast
- Scuba diving
- Fishing. Get on a boat and bring home all the fish you can!
- 1 Ocean Veil Country Club. Golfing with a view. Not cheap.
It can be surprisingly difficult to find a store, so buy your sunscreen ahead.
- Sashimi and Japanese spiny lobster in Tateyama city
- 1 Nemoto Marine Camping Ground. Vast dune area that acts as a paying camping ground.