city in Côte d'Ivoire
Bouaké is Cote d'Ivoire's second-largest city, located in the Eastern Plantations region.
There are a few trains each week from Abidjan on their way to Ouagadougou and back but timetabling is pretty hit and miss.
- 1 Bouaké railway station (Gare de Bouaké).
It takes 1.5 hours from Yamoussoukro. The road has deep potholes so care is needed. It would be wise not to try it at night because of the potholes.
- 1 St. Teresa of Infant Jesus Cathedral (Cathédrale Sainte-Thérèse de Bouaké). Seat of the archdiose, this cathedral is constructed in a brutalist architectural style.
- 1 Hôtel du Stade (Next to the football stadium), ☏ +225 04 77 03 77.
- 2 Ran Hôtel (Next to the railway station), ☏ +225 3163-2016.
- 3 Hotel AHO, ☏ +225 31 63 50 78. Clean and comfortable hotel/guest house. Good wifi. Air conditioned rooms. XOF 21,000.
French and English language broadcasts are available from BBC World Service on 93.9MHz.