Bouillon is a small town located on the southern edge of the province of Luxembourg in the Wallonia region in Belgium. The Semois river cut out the beautiful valley in which the town was built. The town is located merely 2 kilometers from the border with France.
In the past Bouillon functioned as a lordship within the Duchy of Lower Lorraine and the principal seat of the Ardennes-Bouillon dynasty.
- 1 Tourism Office (Maison du tourisme du Pays de Bouillon), Quai des Saulx 12, ☏ +32 61 465211, firstname.lastname@example.org.
By public transportEdit
Bouillon does not have a train station. The closest train station is in Libramont. Line #8 of the TEC company has the most frequent connection between the train station of Libramont and the town of Bouillon. It is advised to check the schedule in advance, since the schedule is rather infrequent.
A private car is the best way to visit the Bouillon area since public transport is sparse here. Bouillon is crossed by the European road E46, which leads to Sedan (in France the road is labeled N58). A crossroads located a few kilometers to the south of the town allows you to take the N83 towards Arlon and Luxembourg. The European route E46 also provides access from Dinant and Namur (via the N95 national road) as well as Libramont and the E411 motorway. Finally, the N810, to the west of the city, leads to the Semois valley.
The historical centre of Bouillon is very small and easily covered on foot, though there may be some steep inclines.
- 1 Bouillon Castle.
- 2 Ducal Museum, Rue du Petit 1, ☏ +32 61 46 41 89, email@example.com.
- 3 Tombeau du Géant Viewpoint, Moulin de Rivage. The most photographed valley of the Ardennes region is actually near to Bouillon.
- 1 Wildlife Park Bouillon, Chemin de Chanteraine, ☏ +32 61 46 71 52. €12,50 for adults and students, €9,00 for children up to 12 years old.
- 1 Le Marché de Nathalie, Grand-Rue 22, ☏ +32 61 46 89 40. Perhaps the best place in Bouillon to buy Belgian beers.
- 1 La Vieille Ardenne, Grand-Rue 9, ☏ +32 61 46 62 77.
- Roy de la Moule, Quai du Rempart 42, ☏ +32 61 46 62 49.
- 1 Café du Centre, Grand-Rue 21, ☏ +32 61 46 63 66. Typical Belgian café.
- 1 Bouillon Youth Hostel, Route du Christ 16, ☏ +32 61 46 81 37. Boasts a great panoramic view over the town and the Semois valley. From €17,00 per person per night.
- 2 Moulin de la Falize, Vieille Route de France 64, ☏ +32 497 19 78 84, firstname.lastname@example.org. Camping located on a flat plot on top of the hill south of the town centre. Open all year round.
- 3 La Ferronnière, Voie Jocquée 44, ☏ +32 61 230750, email@example.com. Hotel with a very fine bar and restaurant. The hotel includes a fitness and wellness center. Free private car park. Accepts animals.
- 4 Panorama, Au-Dessus De La Ville 25, ☏ +32 61 466138, firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel bar and restaurant have a large terrace. There is an indoor swimming pool and fitness room. Free and secure private parking. Animals are not accepted.
- 2 Post Office, Rue de la Poste 3, ☏ +32 2 2012345.
- Florenville – with its stunning abbey.
- Sedan – on the other side of the French-Belgian border.