Brad is a mining town. It has a population of 16,122 inhabitants (2002). Mining in Brad is documentary certified since 21 BC. The gold extracted from the mines located in Brad region, reached the Egyptian pyramids, Rome, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but also the Soviet Union.
Get in Edit
Brad is situated 36 km from Deva, on national road DN76, which is going to Oradea (147 km). Arad is located at a distance of 145 km. In Brad starts a branch of the national road DN74 to Abrud (40 km, Alba County). Brad is connected to Arad by a railway, which was opened in 1896.
Get around Edit
- Brad Gold Museum, Str. Independentei nr. 3, ☏ .
- Brad Museum of Ethnography, Str. Closca, nr. 6.
- Horia Statue. In front of the post office was done by sculptor Nicolae Pascu, who carved also the bust of Avram Iancu located in the High School courtyard.
- New Dacia Monument, Central Square.
- Capitoline Wolf Sculpture.
- Restaurant Albalux, Str. Avram Iancu nr.54, ☏ .
- Pensiunea Cetina, str. Poienita nr. 2, ☏ . Services and facilities: Cable TV; Central heating; Access to a refrigerator; Covered terrace; Parking; Restaurant (150 seats).
- Pensiunea Irina, Strada Vânătorilor 16, ☏ . It has a wagon wheel motif and a chair swing if you want to relax in the yard, not to mention a 'dining hall' with about 3 tables.
- Pensiunea Ana Maria, Avram Iancu 56, ☏ . It has a restaurant with a bubbly little fountain out front and some coffee in the morning.
Brad's area code is 254 for Romtelecom and 354 for RDS. If you are calling from Romania you must dial 0254 or 0354 and if you are calling from abroad you must dial +40254 or +40354.