Breege is a village and municipality on the island of Rügen, generally known as Seebad Breege-Juliusruh. The municipality consists of the villages Breege, Juliusruh, Kammin, Lobkevitz and Schmantevitz. Breege, originally a fishing village now has a yacht harbour on the Breege Bodden. Juliusruh on the Baltic Sea coast has an excellent beach.
Breege-Juliusruh is basically two connected villages: Breege being originally a fishing village now a renovated tourist destination that has kept the feel of a village; Juliusruh established in the 19th century as a tourist destination is mainly modern holiday apartments.
- Breege – Small but long single street village along the edge of the bodden. Although on the bodden, no public access to the water/reed front except at the harbour. The pleasant centre with harbour contains a number of restaurants and places for coffee and ice cream.
- Juliusruh – A beach town with good sand although the shore edge can be full of seaweed. Number of restaurants along the main road and a small centre one road in towards the beach.
Get in Edit
Get around Edit
Bicycle is the easiest way around the area.
- Schaabe – a 12 km long narrow bar of land with woodland to excellent beach. Parking places off the road €1 or 50c per hour (€4 per day).
- Yachting school (MOLA Yachting), Boddenweg 1-2, Breege (Take the B96. Take the L30 from Sagard to Juliusruh and then on to Breege.), ☏ . The yachting school MOLA has sailing classes, holiday accommodation and lets out yachts. Pris på förfrågan..
- Reederei Kipp, Dorfstraße 101, ☏ . Cruise boats to Vitte on Hiddensee and Ralsweik from Breege.
- Marine Shop, Hochzeitsberg 16, ☏ . Classic seaside trinkets and gifts
There are many holiday apartments and cottages for rent in the area as well as a few hotels.