Bridport is a coastal town in Northeast Tasmania.
From Launceston, Bridport is a one hour drive (85 km) to the north-east via and .
The 775, 776 and 777 buses stop at Bridport. For most travellers, the most convenient place to catch them would be Launceston. As of 19 January 2020, the full adult bus fare from Launceston to Bridport is $13. A concession fare is $6.50, and an under 18 student fare is $1.80. There is a 20% discount on the full adult fare if you pay using a smart card.
The town's so small that you can basically walk the entire town.
- 1 Bridport Wildflower Reserve, 42 Main St. 24/7. Small nature reserve.
- 2 Goftons Beach, Main Street. Just another beach.
- 3 Barnbougle Lost Farm Golf Resort, 425 Waterhouse Rd. Located on a sand dune, this golf course is ranked in the top 50 courses in the world, and you can never say no to golf here.
- Bridestowe Estate Lavender Farm.
- Platypus Park Country Retreat. Has comfortable accommodation to suit most budgets, ensuite rooms, self catering units and cottages, romantic double spa cottages and family friendly units/cottages. From $90 per night for up to 2 people in the Lavender Ensuite.