Brockport is a small town about 25 minutes east of Rochester by car. It is a village within the town of Sweden. The center of the town is on the historic Erie Canal.
Brockport is easily accessible by car from Rochester via routes 490, 531, and 31.
Brockport is on the Erie Canal and contains a small port available to recreational boaters.
Brockport is accessible via the Erie Canal towpath, which runs alongside the Canal between Lockport and Rochester. The path is stone dust between Brockport and Long Pond Rd, when it becomes asphalt.
Ledgedale Airpark (FAA: 7G0) is a small general-aviation airport with a paved 4,200-foot (1,280 m) runway. It's a mile southeast of the corner of Routes 19 and 31, off Sweden–Walker Road.
Brockport has a number of museums and restored historical buildings, though they all have very limited hours. You should almost always call ahead to make sure they'll be open when you visit.
- Emily L. Knapp Museum and Library of Local History, 49 State St. W 2PM-4PM, 7PM-9PM. Open since 1945, this museum has a focus on local research resources, but its two floors also display a number of artifacts related to Brockport and Sweden history. Free.
- Capen Hose Co. No. 4 and Fire Museum, 237 Main St S, ☏ . Constructed in 1905, this fire house no longer houses active equipment, but the museum includes firefighting artifacts dating back as far as the late 1800s. Call ahead to schedule a tour. In front of the building is the Firefighters Memorial Monument, based on the famous 9/11 photograph "Raising the Flag at Ground Zero".
- Clarkson Academy, 8343 Ridge Rd, Clarkson, ☏ . The crown jewel of the Clarkson Historical Society, this 1853 schoolhouse has been restored from near-total dilapidation and now hosts school groups from all over western Monroe County. Call ahead for open hours or to schedule a tour.
- Sweden Farmers Museum, 4988 S Lake Rd, ☏ . Jul-Aug: Su 1PM-3PM, by appt only.
- Morgan-Manning House, 151 Main St, ☏ . Jun-Aug: Su 1PM-3PM, or by appt. A 20-room Victorian mansion built in 1854, restored after a fire in 1964. Call to schedule a tour outside of the public hours. Suggested donation $5 per adult.
- Lift Bridge Book Shop, 45 Main St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M Tu Th-Sa 10AM-6PM, W 10AM-8PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Open since 1972, this book superstore predates the entry of the big chains into the Rochester region... and looks like it might survive their demise as well. It claims to be the only full-service independent bookstore between Rochester and Buffalo, and bibliophiles will not be disappointed. The place is packed to the gills with books and educational toys. They host numerous events to bring people in, but the selection and atmosphere are what keep people coming back.
|Routes through Brockport|
|Tonawanda/North Tonawanda ← Albion ←||W E||→ Spencerport → Rochester|
|END ← Hamlin ←||N S||→ Le Roy → Walton|