The current dormitory village was built in this park, after the railway station was opened in 1926. It was to become a garden city but being in London's Green Belt it was not allowed to grow: the large shopping centre, Bradmore Green, shows this legacy.
Services run by Great Northern operate to 1 Brookmans Park railway station.These depart London Moorgate M-F every 20 minutes, Sa Su every 30 minutes, and call at a number of stations including Potters Bar and Hatfield as well as Old Street, Highbury & Islington, and Finsbury Park as in North London.
From Brookmans Park Station, head east into the village centre 'Bradmore Green'.
- Folly Arch a 3-storey mock medieval castle gateway built about 1730.
- 2 Brookmans Avenue. Enjoy driving past impressive houses.
- 3 Bungalettes, Georges Wood Road, AL9 7BT (follow Brookmans Avenue which becomes Georges Wood Road). 42 built with a veranda style front porch supported by Tuscan columns, as house-holders believed bungalows would to lower the tone of this area in the 1930s.
- 1 Bryan's Homecentre, 21 Bradmore Green, AL9 7QR, ☏ . 9PM-1PM M-Sa 2:15-5:30PM M/T/Th/F/S (closed Su). Bicycle sales, repairs and hardware shop.
- 2 Brookmans Family Butchers, 7 Bradmore Green, AL9 7QW, ☏ . 7:30AM–5:30PM (closed Su).
- 3 Hammersley J R & Son, 57 Bradmore Green, Brookmans Park, AL9 7QS, ☏ . W-Sa 9AM-1:30PM. Family fishmonger selling fresh fish daily from Billingsgate.
- 1 Brookmans, Bradmore Green, AL9 7QW, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M 9AM-10PM, Tu-Sa 9AM-11PM, Su 9AM-9PM. Posh village pub with a restaurant. Pizzas £10.50 to £13.50, mains £13.00 to £27,50.
- 2 Tealicious Tea Rooms, 83 Bradmore Green, AL9 7QT, ☏ , ✉ https://firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-F 8AM-4PM, Sa Su 8AM-3PM. Family-run vintage tea room with homemade cakes and food.
Outside the village, down country lanes - a choice of two Woodman Inns in different directions:
- 3 Woodman Inn (Waterend), 21 Warrengate Road, AL9 7TT (close to Swanland Road (the old A1)), ☏ . Daily noon-11PM. Bar-carvery restaurant, built in 1664.
- 4 The Woodman (Wild Hill), 45 Wild Hill Road, AL9 6EA, ☏ . M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5:30-11PM; Su noon-11PM. A superb boozer, unpretentious rural community local with a large garden. A staunch supporter of real ale. Pub grub is served lunchtimes (excluding Sunday).
- To the north Hatfield, 4 mi (6.4 km) along the A1000.
- To the north east via country lanes to Essendon and Hertford along the B158.
- To the south Potters Bar, 2 mi (3.2 km) .
- To the north west via Colney Heath to St Albans, 8 mi (13 km).
|Routes through Brookmans Park|
|Welwyn Garden City ← Hatfield ←||North South||→ Potters Bar → London|