Calexico is located at the southern end of Highway 111, and in the middle of Highway 78 E-W. From San Diego, take I-8 to Highway 78; the trip lasts about two hours.
- 1 Calexico International Airport (CXL IATA). For private pilots this is a common place for traveling to and from Baja to file customs and entry forms.
Nearest airport for commercial flights by Mokulele Airlines is at Imperial Airport (IPL IATA) located 15 mi (24 km) north in El Centro. The next nearest airport for commercial flights is in San Diego International Airport (SAN IATA) where travelers can rent a car or take a Greyhound bus to Calexico. From Mexico the nearest airport for commercial flights is in Mexicali (MXL IATA)
- 2 Greyhound, (bus station) 123 E 1st St (E 1st St & Paulin across street from US Border Inspection Station), ☏ , toll-free: . Calexico is served by Greyhound from Los Angeles (around 6 hours via Imperial; El Centro, Indio/Palm Springs, San Bernardino); Phoenix (via Yuma, Gila Bend); and San Diego (around 4 hours)
- Most visitors to Calexico arrive on foot from the sister city Mexicali. From downtown Calexico it's a short walk to the border crossing and several tourist areas on the other side. U.S. citizens do not require a passport, only proof of citizenship, for short trips to the border area of Mexico, but you will need a passport, passport card, or enhanced driver's license to reenter the U.S.
- Mount Signal Cafe (A few miles west of Calexico on Highway 98). This small cantina is owned by a woman who used to be a professional bullfighter.
- Rubin No. II. Five to six blocks south of 98 and one block west of Imperial (CA 111) lies a small hole in the wall Mexican and Chinese restaurant on Emerson Street.
- Mexico, 408 Heber Ave, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Calexico|
|Palm Springs ← El Centro ←||N S||→ → becomes → Mexicali|