Calexico is located at the southern end of Highway 111, and in the middle of Highway 78 E-W. From San Diego, take I-8 to Highway 78; the trip lasts about two hours.
- 1 Calexico International Airport (CXL IATA). For private pilots is a common place for traveling to and from Baja to file customs and entry forms.
Calexico is served by Greyhound from Los Angeles (around 6 hours) or San Diego (around 4 hours).
- Most visitors to Calexico arrive on foot from the sister city Mexicali. From downtown Calexico it's a short walk to the border crossing and several tourist areas on the other side. U.S. citizens do not require a passport, only proof of citizenship, for short trips to the border area of Mexico, but you will need a passport, passport card, or enhanced driver's license to reenter the U.S.
- Mount Signal Cafe (A few miles west of Calexico on Highway 98). This small cantina is owned by a woman who used to be a professional bullfighter.
- Rubin No. II. Five to six blocks south of 98 and one block west of Imperial (CA 111) lies a small hole in the wall Mexican and Chinese restaurant on Emerson Street.
- Mexico, 408 Heber Ave, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Calexico|
|Palm Springs ← El Centro ←||N S||→ → becomes → Mexicali|