Campbell is located south and west of San Jose.
Campbell is part of Silicon Valley. It is the home of the giant online auction company eBay.
The local community newspaper is the weekly Campbell Reporter.
- Downtown Campbell is eminently walkable, being only four blocks long.
- Campbell Ave. East of Winchester and west of Bascom. To the west, the Historic Downtown District offers a variety of small independent shops and restaurants. To the east, the Pruneyard Shopping Center offers a variety of well-known franchise chains. In between, the Los Gatos Creek Trail distends into Campbell Park.
- 1 James Henry and Jessie Campbell House, 91 S 2nd St. Not open to the public, but is nice to eyeball as you walk or drive by.
- 2 The Ainsley House, 300 Grant St, ☏ . A 15-room English Tudor style house that has been restored to its 1920s appearance and decor. It is now a museum that is open to the public.
- Prunefest. Annual.
- Farmers' Market. Every Sunday 9AM–1PM. Main Street downtown is closed to traffic; free parking is available on-street and in a multistorey edifice.
- 1 The Pruneyard, 1875 S Bascom Avenue, ☏ . The local open-air yuppie mall. Has restaurants and an arthouse multiplex.
- 2 Rasputin Music, 1820 S Bascom Ave, ☏ . An excellent record shop featuring hard to find new and used CDs, DVDs, clothing, etc. If for some reason you can't find it there, try Streetlight Records up Bascom Avenue to the north.
- Fry's Electronics (Hamilton Ave. and CA-17). Locally famous electronics superstore. Customer Service Number Ten, Product Variety Number One. Looks like an Aztec temple, complete with a ramp where the sacrifices, er, shopping carts line up. Check the back of the Mercury News front section for specials.
- Recycled Books, 241 Campbell Ave. At in downtown Campbell. This branch of San Jose's best used book store opened in 2004. The original store is still in business on the Alameda. This location has a little of evertything. Good sci-fi selection, but much more too.
- 1 Motel 6 San Jose - Campbell, 1240 Camden Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, 2761 South Bascom Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, 700 E. Campbell Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Larkspur Landing Campbell, 550 West Hamilton Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. All suites have a FeatherBorne bed and a fully equipped kitchen. You can find freshly made cookies in the lobby, a fitness center and a library.
Free wi-fi may be found at the following locations:
- Sonoma Chicken Coop, on Campbell Ave
- Orchard Valley Coffee on Campbell Ave
- Coffee Society, Pruneyard
- The King's Head Pub, on Orchard City Dr at 1st St