city in Texas, United States
See The Canadian for the passenger train service between Vancouver and Toronto
A car is a must.
- Canadian River Historic Wagon Bridge (Two miles north on US 60/83). The bridge, built in 1916, has now been converted into a walking bridge for a hike and bike trail with a nearby duck pond and rodeo arena.
- Gene Cockrell's Concrete Sculptures, ☏ . An eccentric local artist has created a number of quirky sculptures, including a 50-foot-long brontosaurus overlooking Highway 83 about three miles south of town.
- Palace Theater. A restored vintage downtown movie theater which is over 80 years old. Runs current movies.
- River Valley Pioneer Museum, 118 North 2nd St. Tues-Fri 10AM-12PM and 1-4PM, Sun 2-4PM.
- Rader Ranch (North of town, take highway 60 northeast about 8 miles, turn left on FM 305 and follow for about 5 miles), ☏ . Observe wildlife such as the Prairie Chickens, wild turkeys, deer, and coyotes on this 20,000 acre ranch.
- Washita Ranch (South of town). Includes a four-mile trail along the river which provides good birdwatching opportunities. Lodging available, as well as horseback riding and barbecue.
- Antique Treasures, 222 Main St, ☏ .
- Railhead Bar & Grill, 220 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Cattle Exchange, 200 Main St, ☏ .
- Canadian Restaurant, 402 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Railhead Club & Restaurant, 220 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Our Fillin'station, 217 S 2nd St, ☏ .
- Lavilla's Pizza & Grill, 502 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Arrington Ranch, 9760 C R 5, ☏ . Bed and breakfast on a working calf ranch. The house was built in 1919 by a Texas Ranger.
- Brooks House, 1426 Main St, ☏ .
- Canadian Courts Motel, 220 N 2nd St, ☏ .
- Kim's Cottage, 212 Main St, ☏ .
- Nights In White Satin, 505 Kingman Ave, ☏ .
- Thicket Guest Ranch, 15287 Lake Marvin Rd, ☏ .
- Black Kettle National Grassland, north on highway 60 about 10 miles. Part of Cibola National Forest. While most of this park is in Oklahoma, this separate 576-acre park includes Lake Marvin, providing a beautiful relaxation and wildlife viewing spot for any Panhandle traveller who misses seeing lots of trees. Campsites and cottages are available.
|Routes through Canadian|
|Amarillo ← Pampa ←||W S||→ Enid → Ponca City|
|Liberal ← Perryton ←||N S||→ Wheeler → Shamrock|