southernmost city in the state of São Paulo, Brazil, near to where the Tordesilhas Linepassed
(Redirected from Cananeia)
Get in edit
Get around edit
- Church of John the Baptist (Igreja de João Batista). Constructed in 1577.
- Colonial houses, Rua Tristão Lobo. There are a number of structures built in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- Cachoeira do Encanto. On private property. You can arrange for a lunch produced and prepared by the owners. R$2.
- Cachoeira do Mandira (near the community of Mandira).
- Cachoeira do Pitu, Itapitagui (access via the old Jacupiranga Highway). This fall has the most tourist infrastructure, with bathrooms and picnic tables on site. R$3.
- Cachoeira Rio das Minas (in Jacupiranga State Park, about 30km from town). One of the largest and most beautiful waterfalls around. $R5.