Get in edit
You can travel to Cannon Beach by Highways 101, 26 and 30. Each highway to Cannon Beach provides a dramatic landscape and many opportunities for admiring a unique location. Cannon Beach is an hour and a half from the Portland International Airport (PDX). From the airport you can travel Highway 26 or 30. It is advised that you rent a car or bring your own vehicle to Cannon Beach.
There is a shuttle for traveling in Cannon Beach and a bus which will take you to surrounding towns.
Northwest Point, +1 800-442-4106, Operates a bus between Portland and Astoria with stops at Seaside and Cannon Beach. The bus stop in Cannon beach is at South Hemlock Street and Coolidge Ave near Theresa Family Market.
- From Portland: buses leave the Greyhound station at 550 NW 6th Ave at 9AM and 6PM before going stopping at the Portland Amtrak station at 800 NW 6th Ave. This trip takes about two hours. Buses leave Cannon Beach at 9:05AM and 6:45PM to go to Portland.
- From Astoria: Buses leave the transit center at 900 Marine Drive Astoria at 8:30AM and 6PM The trip takes about an hour and thirty minutes. Buses leave Cannon Beach at 11AM and 7:50PM to go to Astoria.
Get around edit
Sunset Empire Transportation District +1 503-861-RIDE (7433) operates RideTheBus route 21 Blue Starfish. In Cannon Beach, the bus drives along Hemlock Street until it reaches and then to West Maher Street at the southern end of the city. The fare is $1.00. On weekends, the bus runs between the Cinema in Seaside to Cannon Beach. Buses run between 9AM until 6:20PM. Buses do not run between noon and 3:20PM on weekends. Between June through the end of September, 11AM to 5:45PM, route 21 runs between Les Shirly Park to West Maher and Hemlock Street. Both weekend and weekday buses stop at downtown near the Candy Kitchen (Hemlock street and 3rd street), the Visitors center, Midtown Transit shelter, the RV park, Surfcrest shop, Tolovana State Park and Wayside Inn.
- Haystack Rock/Tolovana Beach State Recreation Area, U.S. 101, 1 mile S of Cannon Beach, toll-free: . Haystack Rock is considered the 3rd largest monolith in the world standing at 235 feet tall. During low tides star fish and other native wildlife can be viewed at the base of the rock. It is one of the most photographed rock formations on the Oregon Coast. The area is a wildlife refuge, home to many birds. Free.
- 1 Ecola State Park, ☏ . To enjoy some of the most stunning Oregon Coast views anywhere. Multitude of hiking trails of all levels enable you to partake in nature activities. Ecola State Park is located at the north end of Cannon Beach. Once a destination visited by explorers of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, this park provides a sanctuary for an abundance of wildlife and an incredible sight for photographs. Parking $5/day.
- 2 Cannon Beach Historical Center and Museum, 1387 S. Spruce St., ☏ . W-M 1-5PM, closed Tu. Free, donations welcome.
- 3 Hug Point State Recreation Site, ☏ .
While in Cannon Beach rent beach bikes, surf boards and boogie boards; and fly kites, look at the tidal pools or stroll down four miles of beautiful sandy beaches. Make sure you check out the tide charts first. When you are through exploring the natural offerings of this charming town browse through the shops which range from art galleries and candy shops to fine jewelry and pet supplies.
In Cannon Beach you will find pizza, burgers and beers; or fine wines, salmon and New York steaks; whatever your desire it's sure to be in Cannon Beach.
- Lazy Susan Cafe, 126 N Hemlock St, ☏ .
- Public Coast Brewing Co, 264 E 3rd St, ☏ . Craft beer brewed on-site and served at wrap-around bar or on patio. They also make their own root beer, and have a short food menu including burgers, clam chowder, and dirty fries.
- Arch Cape Inn & Retreat, 31970 East Ocean Lane, ☏ , email@example.com. A castle on the Oregon Coast. The Arch Cape Inn & Retreat is a beautiful retreat that caters to couples and those getting married. All guests receive a complimentary breakfast each morning and appetizers in the evenings. In addition to being a bed and breakfast, Arch Cape Inn is also a wedding venue and pet-friendly accommodation option.
Go next edit
|Routes through Cannon Beach|
|Astoria ← Seaside ← Junction E ←||N S||→ Arch Cape → Coos Bay|