Canoas is in Grande Porto Alegre in Brazil.
Locals call it the TRENSURB. You can take the train from the airport to many stops in Canoas and to cities beyond (Porto Alegre, Esteio, Sapucaia do Sul, São Leopoldo and Novo Hamburgo). The fare is R$1.70 and there's a station near the Porto Alegre Rodoviaria (central bus station) and Porto Alegre Salgado Filho airport. It is more or less safe to walk during day time from Rodoviaria or the airport to the stations.
- Dr. Sezefredo Azambuja Vieira Museum.
- Getúlio Vargas Municipal Park (Parque Municipal Getúlio Vargas).
- La Salle Museum and Historical Archive (Museum e Arquivo Histórico La Salle).
- Natual Science Museum (Museu de Ciências Naturais).
- Paquetá Beach (Praia da Paquetá). Beach on the Gravataí River.
- Praça Santos Dumont (Praça do Avião). The most famous point in town, this "airplane plaza" has an F-8 Gloster Meteor mounted on reinforced concrete.
- São Luis Gonzaga Cathedral (Catedral São Luis Gonzaga).
- Ulbra Automobile Museum (Museu do Automóvel da Ulbra).
- Canoas Shopping, Av. Guilherme Schell, 6750, ☏ . For your retail shopping needs (mall).
- ibis Canoas Shopping, R. Mathias Velho, 235, ☏ . Modern multi-story hotel with lots of stuff to eat at breakfast, though it costs extra. R$158.
- Hotel Metropolitan, R. Domingos Martins, 110, ☏ . It may look old, but this hotel tower still has a nice complimentary breakfast. R$163.
- Hotel Ville House Premium, R. Lopes Trovão, 20 (close to ULBRA (Universidade Luterana do Brasil)), ☏ . This one probably won't win any beauty awards, but it also has a fine breakfast. R$148.
|Routes through Canoas|
|Pelotas ← Porto Alegre ←||S N||→ Sapucaia do Sul → Novo Hamburgo|
|Lajeado ← Carazinho ←||W E||→ Start of Road|
|'Porto Alegre' ←||S N||→ Sapucaia do Sul|