Carcar is an old colonial town on the coast south of Cebu City.
Carcar is the southernmost municipality administered as part of Metro Cebu. Latest population figures are about 120 thousand (census, 1 August 2015)
Carcar is 40 km (25 mi) south west of Cebu City centre along the coastal highway.
See Metro Cebu get around section for general information about transport in the urban region.
The town is small enough that walking is often practical; if you want to ride, there are tricycles.
- 1 Balay na Tisa (Sarmiento - Osmeña House). Fully restored colonial building from 1859.
- 2 Saint Catherine of Alexandria. The parish church dates back to 1860.
- 3 Mercado Mansion. Bahay-na-bato heritage house painted Mediterranean blue
- 4 Rizal Monument, Town Plaza.
- 5 Carcar City Museum (formerly, Carcar Dispensary).