Carman is a small agricultural town on the Boyne River. It is known for having a strong artistic community.
Carman is at the junction of Highways 3 and 13, 40 minutes southwest of Winnipeg.
Carman has several arts events. Every April the Canadian Wall of Fame for exceptional violin talent is held.
In February (vocal/choral/speech arts and band/instrumental) and April (piano/strings and dance), Carman hosts the Tempo Festival of the Arts. This includes speech arts, strings, vocal, choral, piano and band classes in association with the Association of Manitoba Music Festivals.
One of Manitoba's longest existing choral groups is the Sonatrice Singers. The group has been meeting and performing since 1972. This choir has earned bronze and silver at choralfest Canada as well as Manitoba Provincial honours. Their spring concert takes place in early May every year. In addition to this, the Sontrice Singers sing to support the Carman/area Christmas cheer board, Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life, seniors homes, hospitals, schools and other places.
- Carman Country Fair, 44 Kings Park Road, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the oldest running fairs in Manitoba. The 3-day event is held annually on the second weekend in July. Events of the fair include 4-H and livestock shows, craft, flower and baking competitions, trade show venues, motor sports shows and a midway.
- Carman Golf & Curling Club, 225 4 Avenue SW (Dufferin Agricultural Society), ☏ . 18-hole golf course on the northeastern edge of the Pembina Valley.
- King's Park, Kings Park Road SW. Features a large heated outdoor swimming pool, playground, tennis courts, skate park. The park is also the site of the Dufferin Historical Museum.
- Stephenfield Provincial Park (22 km (14 mi) W of Carman on PR 245). Nestled beside the Boyne River, the park offers camping and hiking. The reservoir offers swimming, fishing and boating.
Carman has numerous shops in its downtown area.
Eat & drinkEdit
- Big Willy's Pizza, #2 82 4th Avenue SE, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Th 11AM-2PM, 4-8PM; F 11AM-2PM, 4-10PM; Sa 3-8PM.
- Breakaway Family Restaurant, 10 4th Avenue SW, ☏ . M-W 7AM-8PM, Th-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 8AM-8PM.
- Chicken Chef, 22 1st Street SW, ☏ . Daily 11AM-7PM.
- McGee's Family Restaurant, 225 4th Avenue SW (Carman Golf & Curling Club), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retro's Drive-Inn, 96 Main Street S, ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM.
- Syl's Drive Inn, 132 4th Avenue SE, ☏ . Daily 8AM-9PM (seasonal).
|Routes through Carman|
|Estevan ← Morden/Winkler ←||W E||→ Winnipeg → END|