- 1 Tourist Info Castellón, Plaça de la Hierba, s/n, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 10:00-18:00, Sa 10:00-14:00.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Castellón lies far enough north that summers aren't too unbearably hot and far enough south that you won't freeze in the winter either. Its coastal location helps keep the weather mild and pleasant.
The city has two official languages, Valencian and Spanish.
- 1 Estació de Castelló (Estación de Castellón / Castellón Train Station), Carrer del Pintor Oliet, 2, ☏ . Renfe runs frequent trains from Valencia, and all Barcelona–Valencia long-distance trains stop here. Facilities at the station include storage lockers, a café, bookshop, and car rental office.
- 2 Estación de Autobuses (Bus Station), Carrer del Pintor Oliet, s/n (next to the train station), ☏ . Hife runs several buses a day between Valencia and Barcelona, with stops in Castellón. Alsa buses run four times a day to and from Barcelona.
The A-7 motorway links the city to Valencia and Tarragona further north.
The city is so small and flat that one of the best ways to get around is by using the city bike sharing system, Bicicas. It only costs 2€ per day, 6€ per week, or 10€ per month. See bicicas.es to read more details and to sign up.
- The town hall.
- A 13th-century Gothic cathedral.
- El Fadrí. The cathedral's bell tower
- A 17th-century hemp market.
Museums and galleriesEdit
- 1 Museu Etnològic (Museo de Etnología / Ethnological Museum), Carrer Cavallers, 25, ☏ . M-F 10:00-14:00 16:00-18:00, Sa 10:00-12:30 14:00-18:00. Free.
- 2 Museu de Belles Arts (Museum of Fine Arts), Av dels Germans Bou, 28, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00, Su 10:00-14:00. Free.
- 3 Espai d'Art Contemporani de Castelló (EACC / Contemporary Art Space of Castellón), Carrer de Prim, s/n, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00, Su 10:00-14:00. Free.
- Museo de Historia Militar (Military History Museum), Acuartelamiento Tetuán, s/n, ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 10:30-13:00.
- 4 Museu de la Mar (Museo del Mar / Sea Museum), Carrer de Joan d'Austria (Grau de Castelló). Tu-Sa 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00, Su and holidays 10:00-14:00.
- 5 Torre dels Alçaments, Plaça de les Aules, ☏ . M-F 08:00-15:00 by prior arrangement.
- 6 Planetario (Planetarium), Paseig Marítim, 1 (Grao de Castellón), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sea kayaking
- 1 Auditori i Palau de Congressos de Castelló (Auditorio y Palacio de Congresos de Castellón), Av de la Mare de Déu del Lledó, 50, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Box office: Tu-F 09:00-14:00, Th 17:00-19:00, performance days: 17:00-; special exhibits: Tu-Sa 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00, Su 10:00-14:00. A venue for theatre (in Spanish), modern dance, and classical and other music performances. There is also an art exhibition area with changing exhibits, along with an accompanying giftshop. The building was designed by Catalán architect Carlos Ferrater. Free admission to exhibitions; tickets to performances can be purchased at the box office or online.
- 1 Mercat Central (Mercado Central / Central Market), Plaça Major, 1, ☏ . M-Sa 07:00-15:00. A standard food market selling local produce, meat, and fish, and has an onsite bar/café.
- 2 Rastro (flea market), Plaça de Santa Clara. 1st Sa morning of every month except Jan and Jul-Sep. A good place to find an assortment of second-hand goods.
- 3 Mercadillo. M mornings. A weekly street market for local produce and other goods.
- 4 Mercadillo del Grau, Plaça de la Mare de Déu del Carme (El Grao). F mornings.
- 1 Doña Lola Hotel, Carrer de Llucena, 3 (across from Ribalta Park), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Has an onsite bar, nonsmoking rooms, and bicycles for rent. Free Wi-Fi, parking €10/day. Doubles €50+, including breakfast.
- 2 Eurohotel Castellón, Carrer del Pintor Oliet, 9 (across from the train and bus stations), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 06:00-12:00. Has an onsite fitness centre and restaurant which can accommodate special meals by request. Free Wi-Fi, parking €12/day. Doubles €54+, breakfast €10.
- 3 Hotel del Golf Playa, Avda del Golf, 2, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00-24:00, check-out: 07:00-12:00. Well-situated by the Pinar de Castellón Beach, near the Costa Azahar Golf Course and the port area. Has an outdoor pool, fitness centre, onsite bar/restaurant, and free Wi-Fi. Doubles €64+.
- 4 Hotel H2 Castelló, Carrer de Carcaixent, 3, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Has an onsite restaurant, fitness centre, nonsmoking rooms, and free Wi-Fi. Pets permitted on request. Doubles €60, including breakfast.
- 5 Hotel Intur Castellon, Carrer d'Herrero, 20, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. Has an onsite restaurant, fitness centre, and nonsmoking rooms. Free Wi-Fi, parking €12/day. Doubles €71, including breakfast.
- 6 Hotel NH Castellón Mindoro, Carrer de Moyano, 4, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Centrally located, next to the theatre and city hall. Facilities include a fitness centre, onsite bar/restaurant, and free Wi-Fi. Private parking €13.75/day. Doubles €61+, breakfast extra.