The village is small, and the area is dominated by the airport and motor racing track.
Get in edit
By plane edit
1 East Midlands airport (EMA IATA). South on a hill above the village. The airport mainly supports low-cost airlines such as Jet2.com, Ryanair and tour operators like Thomson Airways which serve a range of domestic and European short-haul destinations.
By car edit
Exit at junction 24 of the M1 just north of the A 42. The village is the north west route off the traffic island while the airport is south west. The village is about 10 miles south of Derby via the A6/A50 and 11 miles north of Loughborough via the A6.
By rail edit
The closest rail station East Midlands Parkway but this is in the middle of nowhere with no local bus connections. Using one of the stations served by the Skylink service may be more convenient.
By bus edit
The village, Donington Park and the airport are served by a number of bus services.
Get around edit
- Download Festival: . Rock and Heavy Metal festival in mid-June. (date needs fixing)
A number of restaurant possibilities on Borough Street in the centre of the village including Indian and traditional fish & chip shop.
The airport has a number of fast food restaurants, most air-side with only one before security.
Near the village edit
Near the airport edit
- 2 Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park (Off the M1 junction 24), ☏ .
- 3 Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park (At the airport), ☏ .
- 4 Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park, Hunter's Way, DE74 2TQ, ☏ .
- 5 Radisson Blu Hotel East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 6 Thistle East Midlands Airport hotel, East Midlands Airport, ☏ .
Go next edit
|Routes through Castle Donington
|Sheffield ← Nottingham ←
|→ Loughborough → Leicester
|merges with and ←
|Derby ← Shardlow ←
|→ merges with