- 1 Little Valley — the county seat
- 2 Cattaraugus — small industrial town in the northwest part of the county
- 3 Ellicottville — skiers' paradise
- 4 Franklinville — with a picture-perfect Victorian-era village center
- 5 Olean — Cattaraugus County's largest city; one of the United States' first oil boomtowns
- 6 Randolph — along with East Randolph right next door; small-town charm in the heart of Cattaraugus County's Amish country
- 7 Salamanca — gateway to Allegany State Park; home of Seneca Allegany Casino
The cliffs at Zoar Valley Gorge can be quite treacherous. Know your limits and be aware of your surroundings. Also, inform others where you're going, and when you expect to return. People have been killed by falling off the cliffs, and rescues can be challenging.